(Photo by i_live_joyfully – unsplash)
“When clouds of frustration loom over your head, you must look for the one bright light peeking through, that break in the clouds. That is where you will find me.
There is always a break in the clouds, however sometimes it is not easy to see. There is a time to be patient, to wait, to breathe, and slow your thoughts down. You cannot see clearly when your mind is wrapped up in anxious thoughts because your focus is on your issues, and not on me. It always comes back to choices and what you choose to do. How you choose to respond will affect the outcome of every situation.
When storm clouds appear and suddenly your emotions become a whirlwind of anxious reactions, choose to be still and remember me. Remember that I am God, that I am with you and my power is sufficient for you. Give your anxious thoughts to me, invite me into the situation and I will be your help. This is my promise to you and I am faithful to my word. I am faithful to my children – always.”
- “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!” Psalms 42:11
- “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” Psalms 139:23
- “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalms 94:19
- “So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.” Romans 8:6
- “So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.” John 1:14