(photo by Johannes Plenio – unsplash)
“The blessings that come from being faithful in prayer, through ongoing communication with me, continuously feed our relationship and strengthen our bond. As you focus on my Spirit and lay your requests before me, I always come close to you. It is the sweet union between our spirits that allows me access to your life, your thoughts, and to your heart.
Prayer gives me opportunities to move in your life and in the lives of those you love and pray for. It is the place where your cares and burdens can be dropped off in my loving hands. It is the place where you may receive my peace as you face the stormy trials of life. It is the place where I can share comfort, wisdom, and give you strength.
Prayer connects you to the realm of my Spirit. When you come to me with a sincere and honest heart, looking upward, the windows of heaven will open up. I will hear you, receive your prayers, and then begin working on the answers.
Answers do not always come quickly. Some prayers require the labor of time and attention. You cannot see all that I am doing in the background, but remain faithful and steadfast as you trust me. You may have confidence that I am at work, making a way, in every situation you bring to me in prayer. Do not fear that your concerns have been dismissed or forgotten. Faith is having confidence in what you hope for and the assurance about what you do not see.”
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalms 46:1
- Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
- And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
- Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! Psalm 66:20
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
(photo by Mike Benna – unsplash)
“You are capable of doing all that I have planned for you to do. You must remember that you do not do any of these things on your own strength, but by the power of my Spirit at work in you. I am the one who leads you in the ways of truth and righteousness, and I will supply your needs to get the job done.
Submitting to me is the key. Laying your burdens at my feet and setting your personal agendas down for my greater plans is what will empower you to move ahead. If you allow your flesh to get in the way, I cannot work through you because your motives become more important than my will, and that doesn’t work in my economy. My ways are not the ways of your flesh, yet I will reveal them to you as you trust and submit to me.
Sometimes you have to be still and wait on me. I work in the background in ways that you cannot see. However, there will be a time when you will feel the prompting of my Spirit letting you know when it is time to act or to speak over a situation. In the meantime, stay in a place where my grace empowers you to be calm, un-phased by what is going on around you. This shows me that you are trusting me and I will bless you as you wait upon me.
Don’t get discouraged in doing good; stay the course and submit to my plans, so I can lead you to the glory of my blessing, where the light of truth will shine upon you brightly like the noonday sun. You will be like a well-watered garden, refreshed and sated. You will see all the pieces come together for good. Blessings lie ahead as you allow my Spirit to accomplish His work in you and your circumstances.”
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
(photo by Lili Popper- unsplash)
“The road may seem long at times, but there will be joy in your journey through life. Keep your focus upon me and upon the ultimate destination that I have promised you. Your hope is not in this world, it is in the Kingdom to come where you will receive the blessing and reward of your faith.
Take the long walk with me as you travel the path before you. We will have sweet fellowship together with opportunities for you to learn new things. I will help you fine tune the gifts you’ve been given, and your purposes will become your reality. You will learn how to live in me and for me, so you are prepared for the kingdom I am calling you to.
Life and all its challenges are easier for you to navigate when you choose to go with me. Everything that happens, even the difficult things, will ultimately be for your good, not because I wish you harm or pain. They will be for your personal growth and the deepening of our relationship. I know the plans I have for you; to fulfill your future and to secure your hope, so your life is fully anchored in me.
Many temptations will come and try to sway your focus away from the path I have designed for you. Stay on the narrow path because my blessing always follows your obedience. The reward of endurance will be much more gratifying than that which comes from succumbing to temptation which offers an immediate type of gratification. By holding fast to your faith and staying the course, you will come to your reward. My Spirit is your guide to eternal blessings. Trust me and you will not be disappointed.
Keep your eyes wide open as you travel with me. Let anticipation propel you to the destination where your hope will find its ultimate fulfillment in my kingdom. I guarantee, nothing will compare to the glory that is to come.”
- He led you through the vast and dreadful wilderness, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock. Deuteronomy 8:15
- My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27, 28
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17
- Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from he throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Revelation 21: 1-3
(photo by Todd Desantis – unsplash)
“The world provides you with many opportunities to be anxious, yet I tell you to be anxious for nothing, but in everything, with thanksgiving, to make your requests known to me. The key words are…be anxious for nothing…do not be anxious for the day in front of you, don’t worry about being qualified to do the work I have given you to do…do not fret about clothes, food, exercise, or anything that would divert your attention from me.
I am with you no matter what it is you are facing. When you gave your life to me, you made a commitment that you were going to live for me. I am your audience and as long as you are living your life to please me, you have nothing to fear from anyone else. I am your Father and I will take care of you. I will make a way for you when you feel like you’re traveling in a desert, and I will provide you with streams of refreshment when you are in the wastelands.
I will give you the steady calm needed to sustain you through this life. It comes from my super natural peace, a peace that passes all understanding. It is my gift to you because you follow me. I challenge you to receive the gift of my peace especially in times when you don’t feel peaceful. When your heart rushes, or if something urgent is pressing in on you causing you to feel anxious, I lay out my peace before you. It is right there, as with your next breath, but you must choose to breathe it in. There is always a moment to stop, to listen, and to receive from me what you need.
My Spirit is alive in you to provide the steady calm that keeps you from being anxious and distracted by the world around you. I provide the way of peace in every situation and desire for you to move in sync with me so you may experience the calming force of my presence with you. Trust me to take care of you today because you are mine and your life is hidden safely in me.”
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- See, I am doing a new thing! now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” Colossians 3: 1-3
(photo by john hernandez–unsplash)
“As you incline your ears to me in prayer, I will speak quietly to your heart and mind. You will be empowered to pray according to my will because my Spirit leads you. In this world there is a spiritual darkness that hovers over it because of sin.
My Spirit cannot dwell where sin resides. However, my Spirit dwells in you because of Jesus, so that where you are I can be with you. My Spirit in you is the hope that carries you through life in this world. I provide for you to live blessed and abundantly. I empower you to have a positive effect on the world around you, to people you meet every day.
You are the force in this world that keeps my love alive. You are a conduit to help others come to know me. The power of My love at work in you draws them to me. You should not get too comfortable sitting in your church and home, associating with only fellow believers. You must live in the world to be part of changing it.
Make time to know me deeply, that your life will be rooted in faith, so your foundation is strong. I will build the life I have planned for you on that foundation. Your life will be different from another’s, but none will be more important than the other. Then, without a coordinated effort to do so, you will become spiritually united with other believers and the darkness of sin that hovers over the world will be overcome by the light of truth and many will come to believe in me.”
- For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword. Job 33: 14 – 18
- But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
- For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. John 6:44
- So then, just as you received Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6
- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Isaiah 9:2
(photo by leonardo yip — unsplash)
“My Spirit resides in your heart; therefore, you never have to be afraid. I give light to the dark places of your life, and my salvation is your constant companion. My love encamps around you and I will keep you safe. Through your willingness to be led in the path of righteousness, I will make your way clear. You will never walk alone and there is nothing to fear when you’re trusting me.
Allow past experiences to be your teacher. Sometimes when you are afraid to do certain things, it is because of something that has happened in your past. Understand those things and how they have shaped you. Look to me for the truth about yourself and how it applies to what you are dealing with today.
I have not given you a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind. My Word will shine the light of truth upon your heart and mind as you seek me. It is the resource that guides you to deliverance, so you may walk in joyful freedom from the things that cause you fear.
- Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. Psalms 34:9
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Psalm 34:7
- The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one’s inmost being. Proverbs 20:27
- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. Proverbs 18:15
- …say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” Isaiah 35:4
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
(photo by Modestas Urbonas-unsplash)
“The road you are on is paved with my deepest love and continuous provision for you. Your every need will be met in me. I have never left you and I will not forsake you. You may trust my faithfulness.
When doubt looms or fear tries to snatch away the comfort of my security, you stand firm. Remember the things that I have done for you in the past. Remember all the ways that I have provided for you.
My blessing upon your life does not end, even if I call you to travel an unfamiliar path. I will see you through whatever I lead you to. You will have my peace as a sign that you are going the right way.
There is no fear that my love cannot conquer. There is no challenge that you cannot overcome or soar through with great success because you have chosen to follow me. You have committed to live for me and one day you will walk through the glorious doors of my Kingdom where there is everlasting joy and peace.
Continue to submit to me and trust me with every fiber of your being, for I will not fail you. My love is mighty and powerful to save. You are my own and you will overcome so that my glory is magnified in your life. Stay on the narrow road for it always leads you to my love and greatest blessings.”
- If my house were not right with God, surely, he would not have made with me an everlasting covenant, arranged and secured in every part; surely, he would not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire. 2 Samuel 23:5
- “I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name, they will live securely,” declares the Lord. Zechariah 10:12
- …then free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear. You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. Job 11: 15-18
- Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. Psalm 37:3