(photo by Rod Long — unsplash)
“My Spirit gives you eyes to see and ears to hear. Sometimes your spirit resists the promptings of my Spirit within you. You are resistant because you doubt and sometimes feel like your faith is not strong enough to believe that you will really hear from me.
Sometimes you don’t see me because although you have prayed and believed for something, it hasn’t happened yet, and you become discouraged. Discouragement and negative thoughts will keep you from seeing and hearing me. I see your heart and I know the thoughts of your mind. When your heart and mind are in the right place, I can speak and you will hear me clearly.
Remember, if you are having a hard time coming to me, the enemy is purposefully trying to distract you. He knows that I will bless you and he wants nothing more than to try and steal that blessing. Don’t give him the opportunity to keep you from what I desire to give you. I wait for you and I am ready to help when you to come to me.
Instead of allowing times of doubt or discouragement to drive you away from me, choose to let them push you harder toward me. I can handle your doubts and things that weigh heavy on your mind. I will help you get to the truth of the matter. By moving away from me, you choose not to hear me. But, by pressing in, seeking, praying, and reading my Word, you will have ears to hear so you can receive understanding and truth. Even more, you will find peace; the peace I want to give you; the peace I want you to abide in no matter what is happening.“
- My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:27
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
- The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord – Isaiah 11:2
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
- Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith. 1 Timothy 1: 18-19
- Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Mark 4:9
(photo by Humble Lamb — unsplash)
“My Word gives life to your body and confidence to your soul. It is your greatest inspiration, the force that fuels your faith. As you allow it to nourish and fill you up with my Spirit and goodness, you will grow ever deeper with me and become fortified in your inmost being.
Meditate on my Word and let it wash over your heart and mind, so its treasures of truth may be revealed. These truths become life in your blood supplying a steady resource of nutrients to each part of your body, mind, and spirit. By knowing my Word, you will know me. I am God, I want to be your Father, to be deeply known by you.
I am a shield around you, I am your glory, the one who lifts your head high. I hear your voice in the morning when you lay your requests before me and I send answers to your prayers. I daily bear your burdens.
Your body is my temple. I build your house with wisdom and establish it through understanding. Through knowledge your rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. I have given you my Spirit so that you may know what you have been freely given.
I am found in my Word, open it and see if I will not reveal myself to you. I promise it will be your greatest inspiration and the hope of all your days.”
- But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. Psalm 3:3,4
- In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
- Praise be to the Lord God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19
- Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Corinthians 6:19
- By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3
- What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23:12
- Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Proverbs 4:13
(photo by Jordan Opel — unsplash)
“Your life is lived mostly between the extremes of it. There will be wonderful highs and challenging lows. You will have moments of extreme joy, and some of extreme sorrow. There will be times of peace and times of anxiety. You will have great health and instances of sickness. There will be good relationships and some bad ones. Living life with balance in all kinds of circumstances is what I want for my children.
It can be especially hard not to get stuck on the extreme side of a challenge because that causes the most emotional distress. Sometimes you allow yourself to live in that place of chaos and turmoil. It happens when your flesh causes you to over rotate on your emotions, and instead of being able to find some balance, you end up stuck in the extreme negative side of it.
When you live on the wrong side, the scale will never balance and it will be hard to find understanding, joy, peace, healing, or restoration. Don’t allow your flesh to cause you to stay in a place I never intended you to be. Call out to me and seek my help to overcome your weakness, so that I may help equalize the scale and bring you back into balance.
The only way to achieve stability is by allowing me to work in your life; allowing me to change your perspective over the situation. It is not as much about the situation as it is about what I want to do in your life as a result of it. I am able to lead you to balance whether or not the situation is ever resolved to your expectations.
Though you cannot always control circumstances, you do have the power to trust me through them. By yielding to me, submitting your concerns to me, and then releasing them into my hands, you take the first step toward finding balance. I can make something good come from something difficult, and my blessing will follow your trust. Together we will journey to the place where my presence stabilizes the scale and brings balance to the extremes of your life enabling you to live in peace through it all.”
- In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Corinthians 8:2
- Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise–why destroy yourself? Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool–why die before your time? It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes. Ecclesiastes 7: 16-18
- Honest scales and balances belong to the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making. Proverbs 16:11
- Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? Isaiah 40:12
- Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10
(photo by Immo Wegmann — unsplash)
“Times of quiet reflection before me in prayer give you peace of heart, mind, and spirit. I welcome the opportunity to draw especially near to you in these moments. I love to be remembered for who I am and for how I bless your life. I love to be thanked for my provision and watch care over you. It blesses me when you acknowledge my presence with you as you go about your daily business. The gift of your time is a gift to me.
As your loving Father, my heart is warmed and my spirit is moved to encourage and teach you, so the bond between us flourishes. Though you cannot physically see me, your spirit has great capacity to sense my presence. As your awareness grows, so does your confidence. As your confidence grows, so does your faith.
Prioritize time with me and I will show you the riches of my love. I will bless you in unexpected ways that will continue to build you up and increase the expanse of my peace upon your life. No matter what it is that you are dealing with, you will know in full measure that I am with you and you may trust me to take care of you always.”
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. Proverbs 18:16
- My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. Malachi 2:5
- My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? Psalm 42:2
(photo by Emmanuel Phaeton — unsplash)
“When anxiety is great within you and your flesh has difficulty receiving my peace, you may know in your spirit that I am right beside you. I accept you just as you are and I long to give comfort and clarity to every anxious thought.
I created you and know your inmost being. I know each thought and doubt that you carry. I understand your concerns and I comprehend those things that cause you to be anxious, even when you may not. I am generous to provide comfort and you may rely upon the faithfulness of my Word to minister to you and to guide you through.
Open your arms to receive my grace, through which you may also receive the ministry of my Spirit. Allow the peace of my Word to pour over you as a gentle rain so that it will wash away the overwhelming thoughts that try to disrupt your life and keep you stuck in an uncomfortable, undesirable place.
Do not be discouraged or dismayed by the craziness of life’s circumstances. Though you may experience anxious moments, my Spirit in you is powerful to get you through them. Abide in me and trust that your life is safe in my hands. I am your Father, your provider, your healer, and the banner of love over your life.”
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6,7
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalms 46: 1
- Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20
- This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. Psalms 91:2
- So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16
- Jesus said…I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrow. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33
(photo by Bethany Laird — unsplash)
“The day is coming when this world will be no more. The day is coming where sin will cease, where sorrows will be forgotten, and death will be swallowed up in victory. Until that time, my glory shines in your heart and the joy of your salvation will carry you through.
I hate sin, but I love sinners, all of you, and I desire for others to know me as you know me. My heart grieves for the pain they carry and I long to deliver them from the sin and suffering they live in.
You may feel powerless to help people you know and love who have no faith in me, but you are not. Though they may not be receptive to your words spoken directly to them, there is nothing they can do about the power that comes through your words as you pray to me.
Take the journey of prayer for those you love. Be fervent, keep on praying. Don’t give up, for their souls hang in the balance. The more you pray, the more I will move over their hearts in ways that you cannot begin to fathom. Nothing is impossible for me. All things are possible with prayer.
The day is coming when lightening will flash and light up the sky from one end to the other. Everything will seem normal until I am revealed. I am coming back in righteousness and truth. Do good while you can, share my love with others, and pray, pray, pray for those who don’t know me yet.”
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. Revelation 21:4
- But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8
- I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 1 Timothy 2:1
- Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16
- Jesus said…”For as the lighting flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other, so it will be on the day when the Son of Man comes.” Luke 17:24
- Jesus said…”The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!” Matthew 13: 41-43
- But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. 1 Timothy 1:16
(photo by George Xistris — unsplash)
“There is always room for my light to shine in the dark places of your life. When your mind is filled with concern, doubt, or grief, you may look to the light of my word for comfort and for truth so that you will find encouragement.
To believe in me is to trust me in all areas and aspects of your life. You cannot keep part of it for yourself in an effort to manage or control on your own. Because I see all of it, I want you to trust me with all of of it, even the part that you may want to control yourself.
By faith you can expect me to move over your circumstances, even if the ways in which I will do that are not clear to you. When you pray, my Spirit is released to take action and your spirit is empowered to trust. We are partners and we both have our roles to carry out when working together in order to get through the things that you are dealing with. I count on you to do your part as you trust me to do mine.
You are not alone in dark places, even when you feel lonely. You are connected to my Spirit within you. I am a constant and steady companion. I will not abandon you. My light shines in you and will cover your darkness like the noonday sun. You will get through everything because of my great love for you. I will take care of you.”
- Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous. Psalms 112:4
- but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. Psalms 139:12
- Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. Psalms 97:11
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:5
- But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised us. Galatians 5:5
- Jesus said…I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. John 12:46
- No longer will you need the sun to shine by day, nor the moon to give its light by night, for the Lord your God will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Isaiah 60:19