(Photo by Tyler Lastovich – unsplash)
“My presence is always with you. As you bend your knees to me, I see your heart, hear your prayers and lift you up so that the power of my love may be complete in you. As your heart joins with mine we become one in my Spirit. By embracing my love, your fears should subside for I will take care of you.
I am patient with you. When you fall behind, I wait for you to catch up. I go ahead of you and I prepare the way. With me, your path is never dark even when you cannot see the light for both light and dark are the same to me. If you wish to know me more deeply, then you must fully trust me even when it appears like you are walking through a dark time.
This world can be a beautiful place; however, its beauty is only a fraction of the beauty and majesty I have yet to reveal. The light to come at the end of your journey is the fulfillment of every blessing that I have in store for all of you who call me Father. It is the brilliant illumination of eternity found in the Kingdom of heaven. It is the place where my glory lives, and it will be the ultimate fulfillment of your hope in me. No more will you live in darkness, then you will see clearly.
I am your living hope, the light of your life, the provider of your every need and the giver of every good gift. Do not fear the condition of your world. Live each day in the hope and security of my glory as it has come to your heart. Trust me and allow my love to be the sustaining force of your life propelling you toward heaven and eternity with me.”
- When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalms 94:19
- Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:3
(photo by Ricardo Teixeira)
“Come humbly before me so that you may enter into my presence and receive the blessings I have for you. I understand that sometimes you feel like you don’t measure up and that you’re not worthy. Yet, because of my loving grace and forgiveness all of your unworthiness went to the cross with me.
You do not have to perform or pretend to be a certain way to receive my love. There is nothing you can do to earn it. It is a gift I give you freely, so the only thing you can do is receive it. I accept you as you are when you come to me.
When your heart is responsive and humble, I will hear you. I will give you the fruit of my Spirit to nourish and sustain you and I will guide and direct your steps as you follow the path of righteousness I set before you.
The fruit of my Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This fruit represents my character which should flow through you and be evident to others. It will become your testimony of my love and the witness of my grace extended to you.
You are worthy because you have embraced grace through the power of my loving sacrifice. By allowing my character to permeate and transform your life and by following me, you never need to feel unworthy again.”
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—Ephesians 2:8
- Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life. Proverbs 22:4
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12
- He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
- How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. Psalm 31:19
- And God is able to bless you abundantly in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
(Photo by Cassie Boca–unsplash)
“It’s a short journey to my love, but the path is narrow, and it may take some a long time to come to a decision to receive it. It’s like climbing a mountain on a very precarious ledge knowing that one misplaced step could cause you to careen toward your death. The fear of that missed step can keep you from the greatest blessing you may receive, the joy that is found when you arrive at the top.
I am always waiting for you to choose me, to give you my love in relationship, to be personal to you, to be your God, to be your Father. I want you to know my salvation, to bless you in the mighty love of Christ Jesus, who died so that you could live forgiven and free. I want to give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
It can be scary to trust in me when you don’t have faith. Say, for example, that you decide to climb a mountain, you must have faith in your skill and abilities to get you to the top. You must put your trust in yourself and your tools to accomplish this goal. It is in the strength of your trust that you have the faith to begin the climb.
I am the holy mountain, the only way to get to the top is by receiving my love. You receive my love when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Once you have received my love, you will have what you need to begin your journey of faith. My Holy Spirit comes quietly to your heart and places in it a deposit of trust. In the power of my Spirit are the tools you will need for the journey ahead.
Your faith is a climb towards me. You must allow the power of my Holy Spirit to help you trust the way in front of you. When you are in me and I am in you, there is nothing we can’t accomplish together. Your journey toward me will be a journey with me in everything that lies ahead for you. In the end we will arrive at the top together where my greatest blessing awaits you.”
- But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:14
- In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality. Proverbs 12:28
- The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18
- Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior. Psalm 24: 3-5
- Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Psalm 43:3
(photo by Ngaere-Woodford-Bender – unsplash)
Come to me just as you are. There is no pretense with me. You may be sad, angry, deliriously happy or somewhere in between. You may not feel holy, spiritual, or righteous, yet I just want you to come. Expose your thoughts, unburden your soul, and share your cares with me. As you express yourself to me, I will listen. My Spirit will help you navigate your way to truth and understanding so that you will be prepared for whatever lies ahead.
Sometimes in the middle of a struggle it’s possible to come to the wrong conclusions about a situation or a person involved when your feelings and emotions come into play. Without perspective, you could end up believing things that are not true. The best way to get to the truth of the matter is with me. I can help you deal with your feelings as I guide you to truth.
Emotions and feelings are like a dark glass that may keep you from seeing clearly. Sometimes truth is hidden from you because you are not ready to receive or acknowledge it. It can be hard to face truth if you have been hurt by circumstances. It is always going to be easier to blame someone, other than yourself, for your troubles. I challenge you to examine your heart, and to put yourself into a frame of mind where you desire to see truth in everything. Then you will be able to dig deep into your soul for the understanding I long to give you.
More and more it is getting harder to know what is and isn’t true in the world you live in; to tell the difference between what is real and not real. The path to enlightenment and peace is not found by allowing yourself to live in denial. Open your heart to me so that you will receive the truth that ultimately provides freedom as you grow in your relationships, and through your circumstance.
By laying preconceived notions aside and seeking me with all of your heart, you will get to the truth of the matter. You will see clearly because your ability to be objective won’t be clouded by feelings and emotions, and I will supply the wisdom you need to navigate your way to the truth in every aspect of your life.”
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. Daniel 9:22
- The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
- For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. Galatians 5:17
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
“My hand of love is always extended to you. I long for fellowship with you. I desire to satisfy your soul with my presence and fill you with the blessings that come from having a relationship with me. Yet, it must be your choice to enter the relationship. You have the freedom to make that choice.
There was a time when your faith was challenged to the core and you walked away from me. You chose to do your own thing because you thought you could do better without me. I did not choose to walk away from you, regardless of your decision. You see, my love is faithful when yours is fickle. Once you have received me, you can walk away, but I have promised in my word that I will never leave you or forsake you.
When you thought you were doing life on your own, you were blind to the ways that I took care of you because you were not looking to me. However, I was there watching over the course of your life because you needed me. I do not change like shifting shadows. I am the same, I am constant, I am faithful. I am patient with you.
The challenges of life can become overwhelming apart from me. As you realize this for yourself, you can accept the fact that you need me. You need the hope that comes from placing your trust in me. I always hear you when you call to me. I come to you and I will restore our fellowship. I will lead you in a new direction and you will choose to follow because you know that I love you perfectly, that my plan is the best plan, and my way is the best way. As you go with me you will see my hand of love and blessing upon your life.”
- I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself. Psalm 89:2
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
- The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11
- Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29
(photo by Stefan Gessert–unsplash)
“I am with those who love me from everlasting to everlasting. I am with you now in this moment. Rest in me, rest in my presence that I might give you the wisdom and comfort you seek. Each new day is an opportunity for you to see my hand at work in your life and in the lives of those you pray and care for.
Fill your heart and lungs with the breath of my Spirit that you will have the capacity to move and do all that I have for you to do today. As you breathe in the truth of my word, your spirit will be satisfied and encouraged. You will be stimulated and energized, and my sustaining grace will rest upon you.
It is good to sit in my presence, to be silent and to know that I am your God. When you are calm, I will speak to your heart. You will hear my whispers, and I will lead you along the path of wisdom.
The wisdom I provide is first pure. It cuts through darkness and brings the light of my glory to you. It destroys the lies of the enemy and leads you to righteousness and truth. It tears down barriers and removes anything that would keep you from experiencing my holiness.
My wisdom teaches you to walk the path of truth and directs your steps. It is comforting, it is nourishment for your soul that satisfies your deepest needs and empowers you to live the life I have designed for you.
If you want wisdom, if you need direction, ask me for it. My storehouse is full, and I will provide all you need. Trust and believe so that you may receive. I am with you always.”
a prayer…Father, you are so good to me. You speak plainly, yet profoundly. How I love you and need you. I pray that you will give me the pure wisdom that comes from you, so I will be empowered to live my life in the light of your holiness and grace. Amen
- But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. Psalm 111:10
- For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Proverbs 2: 6-10
(photo by Aaron Burden-unsplash)
“As the morning bird sings its song at the first light of day, so I sing over you. May my love song penetrate your heart as you begin your day with me, so you will know how deeply I love you. I long to fill you with more of me through the power of my Spirit that you may live in my joy and experience my great peace no matter what is happening in your life. I am always near and my love is everlasting.
When you are thankful, my heart is glad, and I desire to give you more of me that you will be filled and satisfied with the riches that only come from living in me. These are pearls and treasures that have value beyond the physical and material world you live in. They are the treasures that provide you with security today and hope in the life to come. They are far greater than any material blessing you could ever receive or purchase. They will have a lasting and powerful impact upon your life as you walk with me and trust me to provide for you. Do you perceive them?
Seek me with all your heart and you will find the treasures I have stored up for you. Following me will sometimes mean that you abandon your plans in favor of the greater purposes I have in mind for you. Are you willing?
You know that I will not lead you where I do not go with you. Therefore, you may trust the road ahead and rest in me. Pearls must be found. Where your treasure is, there your heart will also be. I have precious pearls for you to find as you go with me. Will you follow?
Your heart wants what it can see, but it will sometimes lead you astray. When you allow my Spirit to fill your heart and by placing your trust in me, you will find all the treasures I have in store for you. Pearls or worldly pleasures. Which will you choose?”
- The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
- Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Romans 11:33
- But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children. Psalm 103:17
- Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it. Matthew 13:45,46
- For where your treasure is, there our heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
- The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Jeremiah 17:9