(photo by Cies Albert — unsplash)
“A stoney, hard heart is deceitful above all things, but I have given you a heart of flesh. You have the ability to discern through the eyes of my Spirit what the truth is and I equip you with the knowledge you need to live in truth.
No one knows the truth of your heart as I do. People will sometimes make assumptions about you and they may say things that make you feel bad, judged or wrongly accused. You must not allow their slanted words to manipulate your mind to into believing things that are not true about you. I have made you who you are and I will work to help you become all you’re meant to be, so that my purposes for you may be accomplished.
Stand firm in the knowledge that I know your heart and I deeply love you, purely and perfectly. I know your weaknesses just as I know your strengths. I see your goodness, mercy and grace; and, I also see your hurt, frustration and anger. You are a work in progress and you must be patient with yourself as I lead you through the process of growth.
Growth never stops. When true humility resides in your heart, you understand that though you strive for perfection, it will be challenging to obtain in this life. Growth comes and wisdom increases when you allow the experiences I have given to be your teacher.
My Spirit brings change from the inside out, but I only change you when you’re willing to accept the work I desire to do. If you resist opportunities to grow, you may also miss opportunities to experience my greatest blessings.
Cast away a heart of stone and receive a heart of flesh that is tender, yet teachable. I will stretch you with truth and lead you in the ways of wisdom. You will know deep, abiding peace and ever increasing joy. I will bless you and fulfill my purposes as you continually yield your heart to the work of my Spirit within you.”
- I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 11:19
- If we had forgotten the name of our God or spread out our hands to a foreign god, would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart? Psalms 44: 20, 21
- A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart. Proverbs 27:19
- As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19
- And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ…Philippians 1:9,10
- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. Proverbs 18:15
(photo by Anuja Mary Tilj — unsplash)
Mary’s story contains a message of hope and deeply personal truth wrapped up in a cloak of humility and love for me. She was willing to serve me in a way that could have ruined her life. However, I found favor with her and chose her to be the one to give birth to Jesus, my Son. Mary became the recipient of what I was entrusting to her. She chose Jesus and received him not only physically in her body, through the power of my Spirit, but in her heart as well. She accepted with joy her part of my plan to give the world a Savior who would make it possible for every heart to be saved and forgiven by me.
You who have chosen me, have received from me a second birth by my Spirit, who came into you the moment you received Jesus as your Savior. Though you did not carry the physical person of Jesus, you do carry the presence of my Holy Spirit. As Mary was, so you are highly favored and blessed to have this gift within you.
Mary’s truth is your truth too. As you reflect upon the birth of Jesus, reflect upon the story of Mary. She was humble in heart, her faith was great, and she was willing to receive me the way that I came to her. You have the same choice. She believed, so she received. She carried me in the flesh, so you could ultimately carry the life of my Spirit in your heart.”
- The angel went to her (Mary) and said, “Greetings you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Luke 1:28
- But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.” Luke 1:30-32a
- “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. Luke 1:38
- When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:41
- And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me–holy is his name. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. Luke 1: 46-50
(photo by Ben Dumond — unsplash)
“Your life’s a climb, a sure and steady escalation upward, brimming with hills, valleys, and some sizeable mountains to conquer along the way. The climb gifts you with moments of joy and fun, as well as times that have been designed with a special purpose to teach and provide opportunities for your personal growth.
Similarly, your future may include more challenging paths of perseverance where the climb leads you up a big mountain toward a destination that appears far away. During these times you may not be able to see the greater picture, so growth will come as you learn to stretch your trust muscles and rely upon me.
Challenges and obstacles will be part of your upward journey; yet, you may rest in my faithfulness, for I will accompany you to and through the places I lead you. You will experience joy for victories and achievements, and you will receive wisdom and strengthening of your faith. I’ll also give you valleys of refreshment and relief to restore and renew your spirit.
There is a time and season for everything and every purpose that I have for you. My presence and blessing goes with you each step of the way. Allow me to be your teacher and guide as you climb the hills and mountains that are part of your destiny, and let joy permeate your heart because your hope is in me.
Your life will end in righteousness and peace because you chose to travel with me. The climb will end and the reward of faithful endurance will be yours. You will come to rest permanently in the everlasting valley of peace where the river of my delights flows with an endless supply of refreshment and joy forevermore.”
- In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. Psalms 95:4
- Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity…Hebrews 6:1a
- Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalms 143:8
- In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13
- There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1
- But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:22-24
- And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. Revelation 21:10
- There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. Psalm 46:4
- They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. Psalms 36:8
(photo by Dedu Adrian — unsplash)
“Silence is a gift with immense power to calm your mind and give you perspective. When you are silent my Spirit may speak. Getting quiet can steady you when your emotions begin to run high, so it is good to embrace silence, especially when you are dealing with conflict.
It’s hard to hear me when your world becomes noisy and filled with distractions. Your attention focuses on things pressing in on you, rather than on me. Too many things to do, issues at work, relational problems, or other woes become the noise that consumes your thoughts, bogs you down, and keeps you from finding the truths I want to share with you.
These noises are traps set to steal your joy. They can take you from peace to anxiety quickly. The more time you spend thinking about the complications of your world, the less time you spend looking to me for help. If you want to figure everything out on your own, it’s your choice, but doing so may delay answers and resolution. I am here waiting for you to let me into every aspect of your life, so I can help you through.
The whirlwind is all around. In order to avoid getting caught up in it, consider the benefits of quieting your mind through silence. Allow my Spirit the opportunity to quell the noise of your anxious thoughts as you listen for what I would like to speak to your heart. There is only one very important voice you need to hear. You will only hear Me when you choose to embrace silence and come before me unencumbered by the noise.”
- I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil. Job 3:26
- This what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Isaiah 30:15
- Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on him. Lamentations 3:28
- The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. Isaiah 32:17
- But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Psalm 131:2
- If a ruler’s anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great offenses to rest. Ecclesiastes 10:4
- People listened to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel. After I had spoken, they spoke no more; my words fell gently on their ears. Job 29: 21,22
(photo by Aaron Burden — unsplash)
“The dawn of each new day brings fresh opportunities to trust me in your life and circumstances. Though you may not know all that lies ahead for you, I do. You need to be ready because the day may contain some surprises. If you’ve prepared yourself by spending time with me and getting your heart and mind in the right place, you will have the perspective you need to respond to any challenges that come along.
Praying is the way to prepare yourself as you begin each day. Use this time to commit yourself to me and to ask for my will to be done in your life. Be thankful for all of your blessings and receive the peace that I give to your heart.
In addition to prayer, read my word to prepare yourself. Allow the scriptures that I have inspired to be the wisdom that stabilizes and gives you the knowledge you need to minister to others or to respond to difficult circumstances.
Finally, in the power of my Spirit, you are prepared and ready to move forward. Being filled with the power of my Holy Spirit enables you to resist the fiery arrows of the enemy. You will be able to stand firm and remain in control when things around you are chaotic.
The benefits of daily preparation give you confidence in me and in my presence with you. You will have the assurance that, no matter what comes along, you will get through it. You will allow me to come to your rescue and provide help when you need it because you trust me.
Keep your eyes firmly focused on me for I will never let you down. It is my joy and great pleasure to provide for you. I am faithful and will be with you as you call out to me and prepare yourself at the dawn of each new day.”
- Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35
- In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalms 5:3
- Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips. So that your trust may be in the Lord, I teach you today, even you. Proverbs 22: 17-19
- Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2
- Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all of this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6: 14-16
- They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 1:19
- I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 15:20
(photo by Priscilla Du-Preez — unsplash)
“I know a word before it is on your tongue. I hear the prayers of your heart and send my answers when you need them the most. My love flowing over you doesn’t stop because you may be experiencing pain in your body or hurt in your heart. I am ever close and ever ready to minister to you.
The way to receive from me is to come to me. Come to me with all of your concerns and lay the burdens of your heart at my feet in prayer. Ask me for what you need and I will give you truth and loving encouragement as I minister to your soul.
While it is natural for you to seek comfort from others during times of emotional or physical distress, they will not always have the capacity to understand, or say the things you may want and need to hear. You will not always be able to communicate in a way that they can receive and respond to you. They may not have the expanse to see past your tangled emotions and into your heart.
I am the only one who can see into the depth of your heart. I am the only one with the capacity to receive you however you come to me. I just want you to come. I want you to allow me to be your loving, kind, compassionate Father; the one who comforts you; the one whose truth does not condemn you, but lifts you up and encourages you.”
- Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. Psalms 139:4
- The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
- The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalms 145:18
- Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Isaiah 55:6
- Where does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell? God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells. Job 28: 20, 23
- May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance. 2 Thessalonians 3:5
- May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise; Psalms 119:41
- Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. Psalms 119:77
(photo by Rod Long — unsplash)
“My Spirit gives you eyes to see and ears to hear. Sometimes your spirit resists the promptings of my Spirit within you. You are resistant because you doubt and sometimes feel like your faith is not strong enough to believe that you will really hear from me.
Sometimes you don’t see me because although you have prayed and believed for something, it hasn’t happened yet, and you become discouraged. Discouragement and negative thoughts will keep you from seeing and hearing me. I see your heart and I know the thoughts of your mind. When your heart and mind are in the right place, I can speak and you will hear me clearly.
Remember, if you are having a hard time coming to me, the enemy is purposefully trying to distract you. He knows that I will bless you and he wants nothing more than to try and steal that blessing. Don’t give him the opportunity to keep you from what I desire to give you. I wait for you and I am ready to help when you to come to me.
Instead of allowing times of doubt or discouragement to drive you away from me, choose to let them push you harder toward me. I can handle your doubts and things that weigh heavy on your mind. I will help you get to the truth of the matter. By moving away from me, you choose not to hear me. But, by pressing in, seeking, praying, and reading my Word, you will have ears to hear so you can receive understanding and truth. Even more, you will find peace; the peace I want to give you; the peace I want you to abide in no matter what is happening.“
- My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:27
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
- The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord – Isaiah 11:2
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
- Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith. 1 Timothy 1: 18-19
- Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Mark 4:9