A note to all of my Whispers from God blog friends…
On May 28th, I received the tragic news that my husband was killed in a very bad accident near Roanoke Virginia. Interestingly enough, we live in Roanoke Texas. He was a long haul team driver for UPS and on his route for the week. As you can imagine, his loss has devastated me and I am going through a rough time right now.
I wanted to reach out to you because though I don’t know the ways this blog has touched you or blessed you, and that’s OK because that is between you and our Father, but I will be taking a little break from writing for awhile. I love sharing the things that God has spoken to my heart with you, for His words are a blessing of love, comfort and encouragement always. I also know that in this time, He will continue to speak his whispers to me because I love Him and I need to hear from him. I’m sure that he will do some awesome things through this tragedy and that in the future, he will give some of them for me to share with you all.
If you are so moved by His amazing Spirit, I would ask for your prayers. I think it’s the only way that I will get through this. My husband loved me. He was God’s gift to me. He was God in the flesh with his big bear hugs and his tender kisses. He was my full partner in this life and our life together has been the best part of living in this world. I was richly loved and blessed by God through him.
Please know that I will be back to share what God shares with me and in the meantime, listen for His voice as he wants to speak directly to you too.
God bless each of you and may His face shine upon you and may you feel his peace in very tangible ways.
With love in Jesus, our beautiful Savior,
“Those who put their trust in me will be blessed. I am your God, your Father, and I deliver you. I do not abandon my holy ones. Though your life in this world is but a breath, your soul and spirit will live with me forever.
The devil prowls around seeking someone to devour. He will find those whose hearts are bitter toward me – those who because of their circumstances have refused to look to me for comfort; instead, looking for a place to put their blame. My Spirit is saddened for all who reject the comfort I want to give. My heart breaks when people embrace anger and let unforgiveness control them. I feel pain when they blame me for their troubles, especially when they have no relationship with me to begin with. Without my love and forgiveness, hearts grow cold and this paves the way for the souls enemy to thrive. Yet, I continue to extend my hand of love to all.
You have experienced rejection. You know what it is like to have love given become love thrown back in your face. And while I have endured the same, I do not stop loving or trying to reach those who reject me. All things are possible for me. All things are possible for you when you embrace my spirit within you. You have the power to become bitter or better, so keep loving and trying to reach those who seem to have rejected you.
Honor me by giving thank offerings, serving others, showing compassion, and forgiving those who have hurt or disappointed you. This destroys bitterness. Be wise and avoid being judgmental, for in the same measure you judge, you will be judged. Instead be merciful, compassionate, patient and prayerful. Be an extension of my hands and feet to the world around you. This makes you better.
Live what you believe, love from the love that I have abundantly poured into your heart and give as I lead you to give. I shine the light of my love on you so that you in turn may shine my light upon others. As you are faithful, so I will be faithful to you and will bless all you do for me.”
- But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7
- You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure. Psalm 39:5
- Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
- See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. Hebrews 12:15
- Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14
- In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
(photo credit: Jonathan Pielmayer — unsplash)
“My eyes are ever keeping watch on the world that you live in. I am not oblivious to the evil plots in the hearts of some men. So many things are concealed, but nothing is concealed that I am not able to reveal. Do not let your heart be troubled by those things that you cannot fully comprehend, for I am the one who sees and knows all of it. It should bring you great comfort to know that despite what is going on in the world around you, I am still God. You may be still and know with confidence that this is the truth.
Do not engage in battles of will and wit. There will always be someone who thinks they are smarter than you; but, no one is my equal. You belong to me. I am your Father and you are my precious, deeply loved, child. I want you to rest in me.
I put my Spirit in you so that you would be able to receive peace even in times of testing and turmoil. Growth and maturity in faith will come as you exercise faith where there seems to be no understanding. In other words, you must choose to either trust your flesh and its feelings, or to trust your Father’s plan. I am at work in your life and what I desire to do in you is more important than whatever else you are focusing on.
If you believe that my eyes are keeping watch over the world, then your eyes should be continually upon me. For therein is your hope. It is in the stillness of your heart that the peace, which empowers endurance, will keep you steady until the time of my deliverance.”
- The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. Proverbs 15:3
- From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on the earth – he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. Psalm 33: 13-15
- Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret – it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in times of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him. Psalm 37: 39-40
(photo credit: NASA — unsplash)
A look back…
“Where my Spirit is, there is freedom. You have not been given a spirit of fear, but one of love, power, and a sound mind. The opposite of freedom is bondage. You can choose to live in bondage to your fears, to your circumstances, to pressure from others, or to whatever it is that you are dealing with. But, I came to give you life and to give it abundantly. Choose to live in freedom, the freedom I have made available to all of you who call me Father.
As you solidify your you position in Christ through faith, you will gain confidence in my word. You will be established in the peace that it provides and you will grow in grace and knowledge.
Your life means so much to me that I allowed my son to die for you, so that you would know what it is to really live. The cross is the way you get to the abundance I have in store for you. Take up your cross and guard your heart so that you do not allow yourself to be drowned in a sea of worry. Worry is the opposite of faith, don’t allow it to stifle my Spirit at work in you.
Feed your mind with the knowledge that comes from my word. Hide it in your heart so that when fear tries to derail you, you can confidently stand on your faith, and on the promises I give you. As my child, you may have full confidence that I am with you no matter what.
I guard and protect your life. You may live in peace because the peace I give you nullifies the effects of fear and worry. As you believe, you will receive all that you need for every situation so that you can truly live in freedom.”
- For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13
- I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalms 119:45
- May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2
- I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die. Galatians 2:21
- Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24
- Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
- How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see. Psalms 36: 7 – 9
(photo credit: Kameron Kincade — unsplash)
“I know the struggles you have and I understand all of your questions. It is OK for you to come to me and to express yourself. My shoulders are broad enough to handle what ever it is you need to bring to me. I just want you to come. Release the burdens of your mind and heart to me in prayer, so that I can begin to minister to you. I want to soothe your spirit and lead you to a place of peace. What seems impossible for you is possible for me.
The blessing of peace is not something that you can manufacture for yourself any more than you can deliver yourself from the world and all of it’s woes. But I can provide it when you come to me, when you need it. Just as I have power to heal the world, I can heal you.
Healing is not just for those who are physically ill. Many times the kind of healing that is needed in your life is spiritual. It is a touch from me that renews your mind. A touch that restores your heart and allows my Spirit to work inside of you. It is a transaction that awakens your spirit and emotional senses to me. The only thing you can do to receive it, is to want it enough to ask for it, and be willing to let go of personal control so that you may receive it.
Until the condition of your heart is right, you will be influenced by the conditions of the world around you. The questions you have may remain unanswered. By surrendering to me, by acknowledging that you do not have the answers and that you need my help, answers will surely follow. Let go of your burdens, allow me to minister to you and give you the blessing of peace.”
- Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27
- “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. Deuteronomy 32:39
- The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
(photo credit: Lily — unsplash)
A look back…may your heart be blessed as you continue to trust God’s provision for you.
“My presence is always with you. As you bend your knees to me, I see your heart, hear your prayers and lift you up so that the power of my love may be complete in you. As your heart joins with mine we become one in my Spirit. By embracing my love, your fears should subside for I will take care of you.
I am patient with you. When you fall behind, I wait for you to catch up. I go ahead of you and I prepare the way. With me, your path is never dark even when you cannot see the light for both light and dark are the same to me. If you wish to know me more deeply, then you must fully trust me even when it appears like you are walking through a dark time.
This world can be a beautiful place; however, its beauty is only a fraction of the beauty and majesty I have yet to reveal. The light to come at the end of your journey is the fulfillment of every blessing that I have in store for all of you who call me Father. It is the brilliant illumination of eternity found in the Kingdom of heaven. It is the place where my glory lives, and it will be the ultimate fulfillment of your hope in me. No more will you live in darkness, then you will see clearly.
I am your living hope, the light of your life, the provider of your every need and the giver of every good gift. Do not fear the condition of your world. Live each day in the hope and security of my glory as it has come to your heart. Trust me and allow my love to be the sustaining force of your life propelling you toward heaven and eternity with me.”
- When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalms 94:19
- Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:3
(Photo by Tyler Lastovich – unsplash)
“In righteousness and truth, I will deliver you. I am Lord and I long to live on the throne of your life. It is time for you to let your guard down; to stop thinking that you control the future. None of it is up to you, but you have the opportunity to trust me, to believe in me so that you will know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that I am in control and I know what is best for all. I am for you. I love you with an everlasting love and I want you to belong to me. You were never meant to do your life apart from me.
You need to be spiritually ready because no one but the Father knows the hour I am coming back and I don’t want to leave anyone behind. Complete your deliverance by receiving me into your heart and life. Step fully into a relationship with me, that I may put my hope into your heart through the power of my Spirit. Then you will know with certainty that your eternity is secured.
Open your eyes and see that the day is at hand, the time to make your choice is now. Prepare your heart and make ready for my return, for when I come, it will be to complete your deliverance from a world that is going to end. It is going to be a great and glorious day. All who believe in my saving grace, those who know me personally as a result of giving their hearts to me, will go with me. This is a blessing that you will not want to miss. This will be the epic beginning of your eternity, of all that your soul has truly longed for.”
- From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Psalm 3:8
- If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10: 9, 10
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes; first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:6
- Jesus said…For as the lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Immediately after the distress of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in the heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. Matthew 24: 27, 29-31
- Jesus said…But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24: 36
- Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 1 Peter 1:13
- And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. Romans 13:11
(photo credit: Hudson Hintze – unsplash)