(photo by Kameron Kincade — unsplash)
“Where my Spirit is, there is freedom. You have not been given a spirit of fear, but one of love, power, and a sound mind. The opposite of freedom is bondage. You can choose to live in bondage to your fears, to your circumstances, to pressure from others, or to whatever it is that you are dealing with. But, I came to give you life and to give it abundantly. Choose to live in freedom, the freedom I have made available to all of you who call me Father.
As you solidify your you position in Christ through faith, you will gain confidence in my word. You will be established in the peace that it provides and you will grow in grace and knowledge.
Your life means so much to me that I allowed my son to die for you, so that you would know what it is to really live. The cross is the way you get to the abundance I have in store for you. Take up your cross and guard your heart so that you do not allow yourself to be drowned in a sea of worry. Worry is the opposite of faith, don’t allow it to stifle my Spirit at work in you.
Feed your mind with the knowledge that comes from my word. Hide it in your heart so that when fear tries to derail you, you can confidently stand on your faith, and on the promises I give you. As my child, you may have full confidence that I am with you no matter what.
I guard and protect your life. You may live in peace because the peace I give you nullifies the effects of fear and worry. As you believe, you will receive all that you need for every situation so that you can truly live in freedom.”
- For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13
- I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalms 119:45
- May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2
- I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die. Galatians 2:21
- Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24
- Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
- How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see. Psalms 36: 7 – 9
(photo by Zoltan Tasi — unsplash)
“There is a rest for your soul that is only found through continuous communication with me. It comes as you let got of everything that has a hold over you, while at the same time honing in on the power of my Spirit within you. This spiritual interaction between us is sparked by your willingness to come to me and freely abandon your will to mine. Sometimes you have to get beyond the cravings of your flesh in order to make a connection with me.
It is not natural for you to let go of yourself, to free yourself from the things that burden you. This action is an act of discipline, cultivated out of faith and a desire to live out the call of Christ upon your life; a desire to serve me more than you want to serve yourself.
It can be be a struggle to live by the spirit when you’re dealing with your flesh. Yet, all things are possible with me. What you set your mind to do can be accomplished when it lines up with my Spirit in you. It happens because you desire to make my will your own.
Focus your mind toward understanding and open your heart to the things of my Spirit, so I may show you the way to go and lead you to the place of true rest.”
- This is what the Lord says: “Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls…Jeremiah 6:16
- Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me. Psalms 116:7
- Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 1 Corinthians 15:43
- Those who live in the shelter of the most high will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalms 91:1
- Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Galatians 5:25
- He remembered us in our weakness. His faithful love endures forever. Psalms 136:23
(photo by Camille Brodard — unsplash)
” When your heart is troubled, I am near to you. I am the lifeguard of your heart. Pour out your thoughts to me and I will lead you to the comfort that you’re looking for. As you open your heart to me, you will feel my presence and my Spirit will minister to you as you begin to release your burdens to me.
The way to answers and solutions is always through. You cannot be led where you refuse to go, therefore, open your heart to the truth I want to share with you. I will do it because it is in your best interest; and I am all about what is best for you. Be willing to invest in what is best for yourself.
You pray, you release, and then you trust me to work everything out for good in your life. I have promised to do that for you in my word. I am faithful and I will be faithful to you.”
- I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles. Psalms 142:2
- He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4
- When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalms 94:19
- He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. Proverbs 2:8
- Jesus said…”I am leaving you with a gift–peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27
- The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. Psalms 37:39
- And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
(photo by Elke-Karin-Lugert — unsplash)
“There is no greater love than when you are willing to lay down your life for another. Jesus made a way for you to see this in action. Jesus is your example of complete trust in me, and of loving sacrifice. He took every sin from you and led you directly into my presence through the plan of forgiveness I established. He was obedient to death. His life served a greater purpose and he willingly gave it for you.
All of you must seek to live in obedient trust. You must have faith in my greater purposes and plans just as Jesus did. You must also live in love as he did. For the way of love is the way of grace, forgiveness, and blessing for all.
Trust me, be willing to walk through the unknown with me. Remember that what is unknown to you, is known to me, so you may have confidence and rest assured that I am with you always.”
- There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
- Instead, he (Jesus) gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Philippians 2: 7,8
- Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory. 1 Peter 1:21
- Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
(photo by Richard Pasquarell — unsplash)
“Truth comes to you who are constantly searching, learning, and desiring spiritual growth. You cannot be stagnant in issues of faith because my Word is alive. It needs to come alive in you for growth to occur. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and its cutting truth will penetrate your heart and mind, giving you guidance, wisdom, and insight. My Word paves the way of faith for your life.
Challenges are a part of life and they are a part of your growth. You do yourself a great disservice when you are unwilling to learn the truths that come from them. Be willing to set your emotional feelings of anger and frustration aside in order to give yourself the opportunity to grow.
Choosing the way of faith is choosing to live a life that is yielded to me and to the plans that I have established for you. My truth has been deposited in you by my Spirit, but you must have the desire to seek it out and to understand it, so that you can apply it to your life. It is not forced upon you. The pearls of life and wisdom are a precious treasure. They are yours for the asking, because I give them to those of you who love me and who have a longing to understand and live the way of faith.
You have the treasure of Christ buried within your heart. Truth and knowledge are found as you seek me out. The choice of yielding to the power of my Spirit is yours. By choosing me, you choose the way of faith and of wisdom where you will find joy and blessing, and all that you are looking for to satisfy your soul.”
- Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed. Galatians 3:23
- For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
- Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 45:28
- The way of the godly leads to life; that path does not lead to death. Proverbs 12:28
- “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it!” Matthew 13: 45, 46
- You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence. Acts 2:28
- The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18
(photo by Louise Hill — unsplash)
“If you find yourself in the middle of trying circumstances, stop and remember that I am your Father, you may call out to me and I will hear you. I will minister to you as you unload your burdens and place them in my hands. Once you have done that, I can begin to go to work in your heart and in the situation that is troubling you. You must make up your mind to let go and trust me to help you.
My child, don’t hold on to things that you cannot control or you will bury yourself in a mess of emotions that toss you to and fro as the thrashing waves of a stormy sea. You do not have to live in a constant state of frustration that could infect other areas of your life as well.
Where I am there is freedom and I can bring peace to the storms of your life. By living in me you don’t have to live in bondage to your circumstances. I have the power to deliver you and to set you free. It is only satan, the thief and enemy of your soul, who desires to rob your life of freedom and blessing. His attacks keep you constantly battling the thoughts of your mind. He came to kill, steal, and destroy you, but you don’t belong to him. You are mine and you are precious to me.
As you unload your burdens by giving them to me, the weight is removed off your shoulders. I am strong enough to carry them for you. You must allow faith to complete its work in you by trusting me. This is where you will grow because then I am able to give you perspective and wisdom as you move through the process. Your focus will become less on the problem and more upon me and what I desire to teach you. What you learn will make you stronger and better equipped to meet future challenges.
The only way to live in freedom is to let go of your burdens. This doesn’t mean that you will escape the tasks that lead to healing, reconciliation, or the outcomes that you seek. It simply means that you don’t have to carry the burden on your own. Cast all of your cares upon me because I care for you.”
- Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalms 55:22
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
- If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. James 1: 5, 6
- Jesus said…The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10
- Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30
Whisper Replay – originally posted on 10-25-2018: a Whisper…& a prayer
(Photo by Lea Khreiss – unsplash)
“I am the one who loves you most. As you bring everything to me your trust grows and our relationship deepens. I will always make a way for you and you will see me clearly. My Spirit does not hide from you. I will speak to your heart and I will heal. You will be encouraged and strengthened. I will do what no other can do for you.
You have been given a brain and the ability to figure things out on your own, yet you can still bring everything to me. Do this and experience my companionship as I provide for you along the way. It is never the end of the day with me. Our journey together is fluid and stirred by the ongoing love and longing that I have for fellowship with you.
I am Spirit and I am Truth. I am Holy, and I am your God. Fellowship with you delights my Spirit. Receive me, invite me into your daily life so I can be your source in all things.”
- “You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.” Psalms 119:114
- “But God is my helper. The Lord keeps me alive!” Psalms 54:4
- “And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.” 1 John 5:20
…and a Prayer…
Father, you are genuine and pure love. I invite you into my day. I desire for my journey with you to be constant and real, not just when there is great need or even great happiness, but in the ordinary moments of every day so that I can have an extraordinary life with you.