(photo from unsplash.com)
“My joy is your strength from day to day. I long for you to live in joy, to remember that I am your loving Father, your Faithful God, who will never disappoint you. Though life will have challenges and disappointments, you will see my faithfulness and be blessed by my loving grace.
Discouragement and trials do not have to be obstacles that separate us. When you place your trust in me, I will draw near to you. I will show you the way through and you will see my hand of blessing move over you and in your circumstances. All you need is found in me, and when you have the faith to believe, you will receive.
Allowing me to be part of your daily life is not as hard as your flesh would make it. You must tap into the power of my Spirit and grab ahold of me so that your senses begin to tune into my presence with you. The battles you face in getting to this place are fought in your mind. The pressures of family, work, and things you must do often overtake your ability to see me in them.
I am not as far removed from you as you think. On the contrary, you are not as in tune with my Spirit as you could be. You connect with me as you pray. You can pray anywhere, anytime, and in every circumstance because prayer is done, not just through your mouth, but in your mind.
Prayer is the continuous link in our communication. It is not an afterthought but an ongoing conversation between you and my Spirit living within you. As you converse with me throughout the course of your day our intimacy deepens, and your spirit is infused with my presence. I will move in your surroundings, act over circumstances, hear your prayers, and meet your needs. In all these things, the joy I long to give you becomes the sustaining strength of your connection to me.”
- “…This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10b
- I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself. Psalm 89:2
- You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:17
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26