(photo by Artem Sapegin – unsplash)
“The struggles of your flesh are opportunities to experience my grace in your life. However, there are times when you judge yourself too harshly for how you feel. Raw emotions like anger, hurt or pain can sometimes cause you to have feelings of unworthiness and prevent you from seeking me. Yet, this is what grace is all about and these are the right conditions for you to receive it.
When you are at your worst, I am at my best and my grace is given to you liberally. Something good can come from every situation when you choose to look to me for help.
The hardest thing to do is set your emotions aside and allow my Spirit to move in your circumstances. This is a battle of your mind over your flesh. I am your safe-haven, the perfect place to release the rush of emotions that attempt to distract you from thinking rationally and inhibit your response to me in moments of challenge.
My Spirit, the source of all wisdom and knowledge, is in you. Comfort, hope, and encouragement are found in my Word as you open it and begin to seek me. You will be kept in perfect peace as you trust in me. Your heart, mind, and body will be strengthened and encouraged when you receive my mighty grace.”
- Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8: 12, 13
- Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Romans 8:5
- Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3