(photo by Josh Applegate — unsplash)
“Things will happen to you in this life that aren’t easily understood. You will wonder why they occurred and for what purpose. You will not always know what to do or how to respond. But I tell you, every obstacle that comes across your path can become a victory in your life if you are willing to walk through it with me.
Good can come from every situation no matter what it is, and perhaps even to benefit someone else, because others will see and watch how you handle what you’re going through. How you navigate the challenging waters of strife becomes part of your story and testimony to others. Trials always serve a greater purpose in your life when you choose to trust me.
In the midst of a problem, it can be hard to remember how much I love you because your focus is on the problem itself. Your emotions are tied to your issues rather than to me. Yet, I challenge you to remember that I do love you and I am with you in difficult times. You may completely rely upon my plans for you as you go through them.
To rise above the weakness of your flesh, you must enter the realm of my Spirit through prayer and the counsel of my word. I will provide strength, wisdom, encouragement, and endurance so you will have all you need to make it through. I assure you that what the enemy intends for evil, I will use for good.
I am with you as I was with Jesus when he hung upon a cross with nails in his hands and feet, and a crown of thorns upon his head. His suffering was not in vain. His suffering gave you a great gift, a precious treasure. It gave you my redemption, a salvation that you did not earn or pay for. Jesus sacrificed his life and endured his pain so that my greater purpose for him would be achieved for you.
When you go through pain and suffering of any kind, remember that as I was with my Son, I am with you. You have our strength in you through the power of the Holy Spirit. You will see victory and you will overcome because you are mine and I love you as I love Jesus.
There will always be more to the story of your trial than the circumstances surrounding it will tell. A greater purpose is waiting to be revealed as you trust me to lead you through to the end of the story.”
- We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3
- For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. James 1: 3,4
- Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 1 Peter 4:12
- God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12
- So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. 1 Peter 1:6
- (Jesus said) “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16: 33
- No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Romans 8:37