(photo by Aaron Burden — unsplash)
“The dawn of each new day brings fresh opportunities to trust me in your life and circumstances. Though you may not know all that lies ahead for you, I do. You need to be ready because the day may contain some surprises. If you’ve prepared yourself by spending time with me and getting your heart and mind in the right place, you will have the perspective you need to respond to any challenges that come along.
Praying is the way to prepare yourself as you begin each day. Use this time to commit yourself to me and to ask for my will to be done in your life. Be thankful for every blessing and receive the peace that I give to your heart.
In addition to prayer, read my word to prepare yourself. Allow the scriptures that I have inspired to be the wisdom that stabilizes and gives you the knowledge you need to minister to others or to respond to difficult circumstances.
Finally, in the power of my Spirit, you are prepared and ready to move forward. Being filled with the power of my Holy Spirit enables you to resist the fiery arrows of the enemy. You will be able to stand firm and remain in control when things around you are chaotic.
The benefits of daily preparation give you confidence in me and in my presence with you. You will have the assurance that, no matter what comes along, you will get through it. You will allow me to come to your rescue and provide help when you need it because you trust me.
Keep your eyes firmly focused on me for I will never let you down. It is my joy and great pleasure to provide for you. I am faithful and will be with you as you call out to me and prepare yourself at the dawn of each new day.”
- Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35
- In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalms 5:3
- Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips. So that your trust may be in the Lord, I teach you today, even you. Proverbs 22: 17-19
- Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2
- Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all of this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6: 14-16
- They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 1:19
- I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 15:20