(photo by Ben Dumond — unsplash)
“Your life’s a climb, a sure and steady escalation upward, brimming with hills, valleys, and some sizeable mountains to conquer along the way. The climb gifts you with moments of joy and fun, as well as times that have been designed with a special purpose to teach and provide opportunities for your personal growth.
Similarly, your future may include more challenging paths of perseverance where the climb leads you up a big mountain toward a destination that appears far away. During these times you may not be able to see the greater picture, so growth will come as you learn to stretch your trust muscles and rely upon me.
Challenges and obstacles will be part of your upward journey; yet, you may rest in my faithfulness, for I will accompany you to and through the places I lead you. You will experience joy for victories and achievements, and you will receive wisdom and strengthening of your faith. I’ll also give you valleys of refreshment and relief to restore and renew your spirit.
There is a time and season for everything and every purpose that I have for you. My presence and blessing goes with you each step of the way. Allow me to be your teacher and guide as you climb the hills and mountains that are part of your destiny, and let joy permeate your heart because your hope is in me.
Your life will end in righteousness and peace because you chose to travel with me. The climb will end and the reward of faithful endurance will be yours. You will come to rest permanently in the everlasting valley of peace where the river of my delights flows with an endless supply of refreshment and joy forevermore.”
- In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. Psalms 95:4
- Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity…Hebrews 6:1a
- Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalms 143:8
- In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13
- There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1
- But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:22-24
- And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. Revelation 21:10
- There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. Psalm 46:4
- They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. Psalms 36:8