(photo by Ricardo Teixeira)
“Come humbly before me so that you may enter into my presence and receive the blessings I have for you. I understand that sometimes you feel like you don’t measure up and that you’re not worthy. Yet, because of my loving grace and forgiveness all of your unworthiness went to the cross with me.
You do not have to perform or pretend to be a certain way to receive my love. There is nothing you can do to earn it. It is a gift I give you freely, so the only thing you can do is receive it. I accept you as you are when you come to me.
When your heart is responsive and humble, I will hear you. I will give you the fruit of my Spirit to nourish and sustain you and I will guide and direct your steps as you follow the path of righteousness I set before you.
The fruit of my Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This fruit represents my character which should flow through you and be evident to others. It will become your testimony of my love and the witness of my grace extended to you.
You are worthy because you have embraced grace through the power of my loving sacrifice. By allowing my character to permeate and transform your life and by following me, you never need to feel unworthy again.”
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—Ephesians 2:8
- Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life. Proverbs 22:4
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12
- He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
- How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. Psalm 31:19
- And God is able to bless you abundantly in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8