(Photo by Cassie Boca–unsplash)
“It’s a short journey to my love, but the path is narrow, and it may take some a long time to come to a decision to receive it. It’s like climbing a mountain on a very precarious ledge knowing that one misplaced step could cause you to careen toward your death. The fear of that missed step can keep you from the greatest blessing you may receive, the joy that is found when you arrive at the top.
I am always waiting for you to choose me, to give you my love in relationship, to be personal to you, to be your God, to be your Father. I want you to know my salvation, to bless you in the mighty love of Christ Jesus, who died so that you could live forgiven and free. I want to give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
It can be scary to trust in me when you don’t have faith. Say, for example, that you decide to climb a mountain, you must have faith in your skill and abilities to get you to the top. You must put your trust in yourself and your tools to accomplish this goal. It is in the strength of your trust that you have the faith to begin the climb.
I am the holy mountain, the only way to get to the top is by receiving my love. You receive my love when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Once you have received my love, you will have what you need to begin your journey of faith. My Holy Spirit comes quietly to your heart and places in it a deposit of trust. In the power of my Spirit are the tools you will need for the journey ahead.
Your faith is a climb towards me. You must allow the power of my Holy Spirit to help you trust the way in front of you. When you are in me and I am in you, there is nothing we can’t accomplish together. Your journey toward me will be a journey with me in everything that lies ahead for you. In the end we will arrive at the top together where my greatest blessing awaits you.”
- But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:14
- In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality. Proverbs 12:28
- The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18
- Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior. Psalm 24: 3-5
- Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Psalm 43:3