(photo by soul devocean — unsplash )
“The eyes of your flesh do not reveal to you all there is to see. It is with the eyes of your spirit, empowered by my Spirit in you, that you are able to truly see clearly. Seeing with spiritual eyes is something that is fine-tuned as you seek me and walk with me each day. It is cultivated from a strong discipline of choosing my will above your own. It is grown in you through faithfulness and trust.
Your flesh blinds you to the truth of my Spirit because your physical nature is to see what you want to see and to do what you want to do as a result. It is a selfish nature which serves you, not me. You can be my child and still have a selfish nature. Yet, I call you to something greater. I want to reveal things that are reserved for those of you who believe in me; things that can only be shown to those with open, spiritual eyes.
To go with me, you must be willing to grow with me. You must embrace the plans that I have for you; you must seek me with all of your heart and not lean upon your own understanding. Seeking me is like looking for buried treasure, you have to want that treasure so badly that you are inspired to move toward it, to seek it out. You must plan your way and I will direct your steps.
The eyes of your flesh will not lead you to the treasure I have for you. It is only with the eyes of your spirit that you will find it. If you truly want it, commit to the journey. Set your will aside for my greater plans and I will open the eyes of your spirit so that you will be able to see clearly as I lead you to myself.”
- For everything in the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–comes not from the Father but from the world. 1 John 2:16
- The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17
- …the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:17
- Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18
- …indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2: 3-5
- But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13