(photo by leonardo yip — unsplash)
“My Spirit resides in your heart; therefore, you never have to be afraid. I give light to the dark places of your life, and my salvation is your constant companion. My love encamps around you and I will keep you safe. Through your willingness to be led in the path of righteousness, I will make your way clear. You will never walk alone and there is nothing to fear when you’re trusting me.
Allow past experiences to be your teacher. Sometimes when you are afraid to do certain things, it is because of something that has happened in your past. Understand those things and how they have shaped you. Look to me for the truth about yourself and how it applies to what you are dealing with today.
I have not given you a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind. My Word will shine the light of truth upon your heart and mind as you seek me. It is the resource that guides you to deliverance, so you may walk in joyful freedom from the things that cause you fear.
- Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. Psalms 34:9
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Psalm 34:7
- The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one’s inmost being. Proverbs 20:27
- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. Proverbs 18:15
- …say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” Isaiah 35:4
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)