(photo by john hernandez–unsplash)
“As you incline your ears to me in prayer, I will speak quietly to your heart and mind. You will be empowered to pray according to my will because my Spirit leads you. In this world there is a spiritual darkness that hovers over it because of sin.
My Spirit cannot dwell where sin resides. However, my Spirit dwells in you because of Jesus, so that where you are I can be with you. My Spirit in you is the hope that carries you through life in this world. I provide for you to live blessed and abundantly. I empower you to have a positive effect on the world around you, to people you meet every day.
You are the force in this world that keeps my love alive. You are a conduit to help others come to know me. The power of My love at work in you draws them to me. You should not get too comfortable sitting in your church and home, associating with only fellow believers. You must live in the world to be part of changing it.
Make time to know me deeply, that your life will be rooted in faith, so your foundation is strong. I will build the life I have planned for you on that foundation. Your life will be different from another’s, but none will be more important than the other. Then, without a coordinated effort to do so, you will become spiritually united with other believers and the darkness of sin that hovers over the world will be overcome by the light of truth and many will come to believe in me.”
- For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword. Job 33: 14 – 18
- But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
- For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. John 6:44
- So then, just as you received Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6
- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Isaiah 9:2