(photo by Johannes Plenio – unsplash)
“The blessings that come from being faithful in prayer, through ongoing communication with me, continuously feed our relationship and strengthen our bond. As you focus on my Spirit and lay your requests before me, I always come close to you. It is the sweet union between our spirits that allows me access to your life, your thoughts, and to your heart.
Prayer gives me opportunities to move in your life and in the lives of those you love and pray for. It is the place where your cares and burdens can be dropped off in my loving hands. It is the place where you may receive my peace as you face the stormy trials of life. It is the place where I can share comfort, wisdom, and give you strength.
Prayer connects you to the realm of my Spirit. When you come to me with a sincere and honest heart, looking upward, the windows of heaven will open up. I will hear you, receive your prayers, and then begin working on the answers.
Answers do not always come quickly. Some prayers require the labor of time and attention. You cannot see all that I am doing in the background, but remain faithful and steadfast as you trust me. You may have confidence that I am at work, making a way, in every situation you bring to me in prayer. Do not fear that your concerns have been dismissed or forgotten. Faith is having confidence in what you hope for and the assurance about what you do not see.”
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalms 46:1
- Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
- And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
- Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! Psalm 66:20
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1