(photo by Jordan Madrid – unsplash)
“The heart is easily deceived. You believe and desire to trust me, yet your flesh sometimes betrays you. Your flesh can be a muddy mess of feelings and emotions that causes you to believe what you want to believe instead of my truth.
It is very important for you to lay your will at my feet so that you may have eyes to see everything I long to show you. You must choose to give it freely by trusting me above all else. I am gentle with you and will not force my will upon you. As you lay down your will and pick up my cross in faithful obedience, my purposes for you can be fulfilled.
By giving me your whole heart, not just part of it, I will show you how rewarding life with me can be. Your soul will find its ultimate satisfaction through connection with my Spirit. My wisdom will be upon you. It will be the compass that helps you navigate your life.
The windows of heaven will open up and it’s treasures will pour out over you providing blessings upon blessings. These things will come to you by faith because you believe and because you choose to surrender all to me. Your heart is less likely to be deceived as you set your mind and your will to follow hard after me.”
- The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it. Jeremiah 17:9
- Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29
- The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17
- Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38
- You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:36
- My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways. Proverbs 23:26
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3