(photo by Louise Hill — unsplash)
“If you find yourself in the middle of trying circumstances, stop and remember that I am your Father, you may call out to me and I will hear you. I will minister to you as you unload your burdens and place them in my hands. Once you have done that, I can begin to go to work in your heart and in the situation that is troubling you. You must make up your mind to let go and trust me to help you.
My child, don’t hold on to things that you cannot control or you will bury yourself in a mess of emotions that toss you to and fro as the thrashing waves of a stormy sea. You do not have to live in a constant state of frustration that could infect other areas of your life as well.
Where I am there is freedom and I can bring peace to the storms of your life. By living in me you don’t have to live in bondage to your circumstances. I have the power to deliver you and to set you free. It is only satan, the thief and enemy of your soul, who desires to rob your life of freedom and blessing. His attacks keep you constantly battling the thoughts of your mind. He came to kill, steal, and destroy you, but you don’t belong to him. You are mine and you are precious to me.
As you unload your burdens by giving them to me, the weight is removed off your shoulders. I am strong enough to carry them for you. You must allow faith to complete its work in you by trusting me. This is where you will grow because then I am able to give you perspective and wisdom as you move through the process. Your focus will become less on the problem and more upon me and what I desire to teach you. What you learn will make you stronger and better equipped to meet future challenges.
The only way to live in freedom is to let go of your burdens. This doesn’t mean that you will escape the tasks that lead to healing, reconciliation, or the outcomes that you seek. It simply means that you don’t have to carry the burden on your own. Cast all of your cares upon me because I care for you.”
- Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalms 55:22
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
- If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. James 1: 5, 6
- Jesus said…The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10
- Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30