(photo by Kameron Kincade — unsplash)
“Where my Spirit is, there is freedom. You have not been given a spirit of fear, but one of love, power, and a sound mind. The opposite of freedom is bondage. You can choose to live in bondage to your fears, to your circumstances, to pressure from others, or to whatever it is that you are dealing with. But, I came to give you life and to give it abundantly. Choose to live in freedom, the freedom I have made available to all of you who call me Father.
As you solidify your you position in Christ through faith, you will gain confidence in my word. You will be established in the peace that it provides and you will grow in grace and knowledge.
Your life means so much to me that I allowed my son to die for you, so that you would know what it is to really live. The cross is the way you get to the abundance I have in store for you. Take up your cross and guard your heart so that you do not allow yourself to be drowned in a sea of worry. Worry is the opposite of faith, don’t allow it to stifle my Spirit at work in you.
Feed your mind with the knowledge that comes from my word. Hide it in your heart so that when fear tries to derail you, you can confidently stand on your faith, and on the promises I give you. As my child, you may have full confidence that I am with you no matter what.
I guard and protect your life. You may live in peace because the peace I give you nullifies the effects of fear and worry. As you believe, you will receive all that you need for every situation so that you can truly live in freedom.”
- For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13
- I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalms 119:45
- May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2
- I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die. Galatians 2:21
- Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24
- Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
- How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see. Psalms 36: 7 – 9