(photo by Zoltan Tasi — unsplash)
“There is a rest for your soul that is only found through continuous communication with me. It comes as you let go of everything that has a hold over you, while at the same time honing in on the power of my Spirit within you. This spiritual interaction between us is sparked by your willingness to come to me and freely abandon your will to mine. Sometimes you have to get beyond the cravings of your flesh in order to make a connection with me.
It is not natural for you to let go of yourself, to free yourself from the things that burden you. This action is an act of discipline, cultivated out of faith and a desire to live out the call of Christ upon your life; a desire to serve me more than you want to serve yourself.
It can be be a struggle to live by the spirit when you’re dealing with your flesh. Yet, all things are possible with me. What you set your mind to do can be accomplished when it lines up with my Spirit in you. It happens because you desire to make my will your own.
Focus your mind toward understanding and open your heart to the things of my Spirit, so I may show you the way to go and lead you to the place of true rest.”
- This is what the Lord says: “Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls…Jeremiah 6:16
- Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me. Psalms 116:7
- Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 1 Corinthians 15:43
- Those who live in the shelter of the most high will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalms 91:1
- Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Galatians 5:25
- He remembered us in our weakness. His faithful love endures forever. Psalms 136:23