(photo by George Xistris — unsplash)
“There is always room for my light to shine in the dark places of your life. When your mind is filled with concern, doubt, or grief, you may look to the light of my word for comfort and for truth so that you will find encouragement.
To believe in me is to trust me in all areas and aspects of your life. You cannot keep part of it for yourself in an effort to manage or control on your own. Because I see all of it, I want you to trust me with all of of it, even the part that you may want to control yourself.
By faith you can expect me to move over your circumstances, even if the ways in which I will do that are not clear to you. When you pray, my Spirit is released to take action and your spirit is empowered to trust. We are partners and we both have our roles to carry out when working together in order to get through the things that you are dealing with. I count on you to do your part as you trust me to do mine.
You are not alone in dark places, even when you feel lonely. You are connected to my Spirit within you. I am a constant and steady companion. I will not abandon you. My light shines in you and will cover your darkness like the noonday sun. You will get through everything because of my great love for you. I will take care of you.”
- Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous. Psalms 112:4
- but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. Psalms 139:12
- Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. Psalms 97:11
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:5
- But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised us. Galatians 5:5
- Jesus said…I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. John 12:46
- No longer will you need the sun to shine by day, nor the moon to give its light by night, for the Lord your God will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Isaiah 60:19