(photo by Rod Long — unsplash)
“My Spirit gives you eyes to see and ears to hear. Sometimes your spirit resists the promptings of my Spirit within you. You are resistant because you doubt and sometimes feel like your faith is not strong enough to believe that you will really hear from me.
Sometimes you don’t see me because although you have prayed and believed for something, it hasn’t happened yet, and you become discouraged. Discouragement and negative thoughts will keep you from seeing and hearing me. I see your heart and I know the thoughts of your mind. When your heart and mind are in the right place, I can speak and you will hear me clearly.
Remember, if you are having a hard time coming to me, the enemy is purposefully trying to distract you. He knows that I will bless you and he wants nothing more than to try and steal that blessing. Don’t give him the opportunity to keep you from what I desire to give you. I wait for you and I am ready to help when you to come to me.
Instead of allowing times of doubt or discouragement to drive you away from me, choose to let them push you harder toward me. I can handle your doubts and things that weigh heavy on your mind. I will help you get to the truth of the matter. By moving away from me, you choose not to hear me. But, by pressing in, seeking, praying, and reading my Word, you will have ears to hear so you can receive understanding and truth. Even more, you will find peace; the peace I want to give you; the peace I want you to abide in no matter what is happening.“
- My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:27
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
- The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord – Isaiah 11:2
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
- Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith. 1 Timothy 1: 18-19
- Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Mark 4:9