(photo by Humble Lamb — unsplash)
“My Word gives life to your body and confidence to your soul. It is your greatest inspiration, the force that fuels your faith. As you allow it to nourish and fill you up with my Spirit and goodness, you will grow ever deeper with me and become fortified in your inmost being.
Meditate on my Word and let it wash over your heart and mind, so its treasures of truth may be revealed. These truths become life in your blood supplying a steady resource of nutrients to each part of your body, mind, and spirit. By knowing my Word, you will know me. I am God, I want to be your Father, to be deeply known by you.
I am a shield around you, I am your glory, the one who lifts your head high. I hear your voice in the morning when you lay your requests before me and I send answers to your prayers. I daily bear your burdens.
Your body is my temple. I build your house with wisdom and establish it through understanding. Through knowledge your rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. I have given you my Spirit so that you may know what you have been freely given.
I am found in my Word, open it and see if I will not reveal myself to you. I promise it will be your greatest inspiration and the hope of all your days.”
- But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. Psalm 3:3,4
- In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
- Praise be to the Lord God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19
- Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Corinthians 6:19
- By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3
- What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23:12
- Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Proverbs 4:13