(photo by Cies Albert — unsplash)
“A stoney, hard heart is deceitful above all things, but I have given you a heart of flesh. You have the ability to discern through the eyes of my Spirit what the truth is and I equip you with the knowledge you need to live in truth.
No one knows the truth of your heart as I do. People will sometimes make assumptions about you and they may say things that make you feel bad, judged or wrongly accused. You must not allow their slanted words to manipulate your mind to into believing things that are not true about you. I have made you who you are and I will work to help you become all you’re meant to be, so that my purposes for you may be accomplished.
Stand firm in the knowledge that I know your heart and I deeply love you, purely and perfectly. I know your weaknesses just as I know your strengths. I see your goodness, mercy and grace; and, I also see your hurt, frustration and anger. You are a work in progress and you must be patient with yourself as I lead you through the process of growth.
Growth never stops. When true humility resides in your heart, you understand that though you strive for perfection, it will be challenging to obtain in this life. Growth comes and wisdom increases when you allow the experiences I have given to be your teacher.
My Spirit brings change from the inside out, but I only change you when you’re willing to accept the work I desire to do. If you resist opportunities to grow, you may also miss opportunities to experience my greatest blessings.
Cast away a heart of stone and receive a heart of flesh that is tender, yet teachable. I will stretch you with truth and lead you in the ways of wisdom. You will know deep, abiding peace and ever-increasing joy. I will bless you and fulfill my purposes as you continually yield your heart to the work of my Spirit within you.”
- I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 11:19
- If we had forgotten the name of our God or spread out our hands to a foreign god, would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart? Psalms 44: 20, 21
- A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart. Proverbs 27:19
- As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19
- And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ…Philippians 1:9,10
- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. Proverbs 18:15