(photo by Clint Patterson — unsplash)
“When you allow yourself to be present in your time with me – really present and focused, I will speak to you. I will speak to as you pray and lay your thoughts and requests before me. I will speak to you through your gratitude. I will speak when you simply sit in silence and are resting in my presence.
There is no place that you can hide from me. I know your thoughts; I understand your feelings and where they come from. Yet, when you choose to be present with me, I will speak to those things. You will receive direction from me. But if you don’t, it is not the right time and you will have to trust and wait patiently for me to respond.
Many things will change in you and for you when you choose to be present with me. Everything that happens is a direct result of our connection. I am the receptacle, and you are the plug. When you plug in to me, you are plugging in to the source of life, and the connection of truth that sustains and empowers your journey. You will have all you need to do all that you must at home, work, in relationships and throughout your life.
Make the effort each day to stay connected to me. It makes no difference how you come to me. Plug in when tired, weak, happy, angry, or thankful. Just connect to me and let me be your source.”
- For God does speak–now one way, now another–though no one perceives it. Job 33:14
- For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. John 3:34
- …let their flesh be renewed like a child’s; let them be restored as in the days of their youth–then that person can pray to God and find favor with him, they will see God’s face and shout for joy; he will restore them to full well-being. Job 33: 25 – 26
- All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. Psalms 38:9
- You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you. Psalms 69:5
- (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God. Hebrews 7:19
- let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22