(photo by Pascal Debrunner — unsplash)
“Opportunities to see me, to see my hand at work, are all around you. Because you are my child, you get to tap into the blessings of my Spirit. These blessings aren’t always obvious, sometimes they come disguised. But, when your spirit is finely tuned to mine, I will show them to you.
Blessings are found in things that give you joy, but they can also be found in the things that bring you pain, trouble, or anxiety. If you are only seeing with the eyes of your flesh, you will not necessarily find them. They are harder to discover, however, I provide them so that you may experience peace as you walk through the difficult things of life.
There will always be blessings that give you joy and gratify your flesh. But, the blessings that come to gratify your spirit are the ones that carry with them the most significance. They help develop roots that grow deep into the heart and soul of you. They bring you into the kingdom of knowledge and truth where my peace flows as a constant, nourishing stream through the core of your life.
Everything happens for a reason, even though it may not be fully understood in a moment. You must always be looking for the truth because that is where the blessing lies. There is much that I want to show you and give you, but I don’t give as the world gives. You must have the desire to go deeper with me to find those things for yourself.
Open your heart to accept me the way that I come to you, so that you will receive the blessings of my Spirit. In doing so, many opportunities to grow in faith and to see my hand at work in your life will become the richest experiences of your journey. I came that you might have life and that you would have it to the full.”
- The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:14
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
- The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord–and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. Isaiah 11:2,3
- The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you–they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:63
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10