(photo by Jim Beaudoin — unsplash)
“When you navigate deep waters of relational challenge, I will be your anchor of strength. I will be the One tethering you to truth, wisdom, and the right course of action as you bring your concerns to me. You will travel the waters of righteousness and deep waters will not overtake you. I will provide light that gives insight as you seek me with a true desire to address issues, while laying your personal pride aside.
These matters are rarely solved in moments. Most often, resolution is realized through experiences over days, months, and sometimes years. You will learn patience as you stay the course, but you will also see and experience my loving grace upon your life. I will guide you in the right direction as you go about change.
Going about change means accepting what I want to do in your life. Therefore, you must understand that when I am dealing with you, it is not about the other person. As you call upon me for the help you need, let them go, and trust me to take care of them.
I ask you to humbly submit to me and allow me to be at the helm of your life. Let my Holystone, my Word, be the sandstone that scrubs the decks of your life, smoothing over the rough places so that your inward parts will experience renewal and growth.
You may trust that all the answers you are looking for, the deepest things that you seek with your heart, will be revealed through the course that I have charted for you. My loving care, patience, and blessings accompany you to every port of truth. Stay near to me and I will lead you through the deep, sometimes dark, waters of relational challenges into safe harbors of peace and fulfillment.”
- The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out. Proverbs 20:5
- When a gentle south wind began to blow, they saw their opportunity; so they weighed anchor and sailed along the shore of Crete. Before very long, a wind of hurricane force, called the Northeaster, swept down from the island. The ship was caught by the storm and could not head into the wind; so we gave way to it and were driven along. Acts 27: 13-15
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:27
- Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Job 22:21
- You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:36
- You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence. Acts 2:28
- He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. Psalms 18:16
- The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Ecclesiastes 7:8