(photo by Lobo Studio Hamburg — unsplash)
“I am your friend, one who is close to you, even closer than a brother; the one who will not disappoint you. Sometimes human nature causes you to place expectations on other’s that they won’t be able to meet. Their nature is as human as yours. So, rather than place expectations on them, put your hope in me.
This is a hard thing for you to learn. Your human imperfections will occasionally get in the way of your relationships, particularly with those who are most important to you. You will not always receive love the way you give it. You will not always be forgiven, the way you forgive. And, others will not always understand things the same way you do.
You are a work in progress. You are on your own personal journey of growth with me, just as those of your friends and family who love me are. Differences will pop up from time to time because of your expectations and desires. When this happens, move your eyes and expectations from the other person to me, so that you can avoid going down a path that leads to broken relationships, frustration, or hurt. Let me be your friend and I will lead you to truth and show you what to do.
Your first relationship should be with me. I am not human, but because I am your heavenly Father, because I am Jesus and I came into your world as a human, I understand your humanity and am fully able to minister to your needs. Avoid burdening others with things they are not equipped to handle. Let me handle them.
Though I am not physically present, I am in you by the power of my Holy Spirit. You can yield to me and I will be there to help you. You can expect from me and I will deliver upon my promises to you.
I am your friend and your Father. All that you will ever need is found by having an active relationship with me. Lean on me and you will receive truth, blessing, and knowledge for the life I’ve given to you.
- One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
- For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever. Hebrews 7:28
- Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God. Job 16: 19, 20
- Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalms 25:5
- Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. Isaiah 55:3