“You may plan your steps, but I will direct your path. Your will and desires push you toward that which you want for yourself, but my will always leads you where it is best. You may wrestle with obedience along the way because you don’t understand what lies ahead. You do not see with my eyes.
I call you to trust. I call you to be willing to follow me even when it may be on a path that you’re not sure about. My child, you must learn that my way is perfect and it will be the right way for you. You must have the faith to believe that my blessing will always follow your obedience as you choose to follow me.
The heart that trusts, even when it is hard, is the heart that I will bless abundantly. You do not have to be dismayed by what you don’t understand. All you need to do is have confidence that I am in control; and as long as you are with me, everything will be OK.
Stay connected to me through prayer and by being in my Word. Trust me to move in your life right where you are now. I am faithful and you will rejoice in the blessings to come.”
Father, please help me to acknowledge your power to move in my life as you lead me to where it is best. Help me to be more obsessed with your truth than mine. May your truth be my truth; and, may your will become that which I do, so that I may know your abundant blessing upon my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
- In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
- Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all of your ways. Proverbs 4:26
- As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalms 18:30
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6
- he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Psalms 23:3
- My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. Job 23:11
- And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
(photo credit: Jason Polley — unsplash)