“Each day, you should prioritize some time to be present with me by reading my Word, through mediation, and in prayer. Lay aside the cares of life, the pull of technology, and any other thing that would draw you away from spending a few moments of quality time with me.
To receive what is greater, you must give up what is less. To know me you must meet with me so we can fellowship and commune together. To hear from me, read my Word and allow your spirit to absorb it as you quietly listen for my voice speaking to your heart.
You matter to me. I want to matter to you. Just as you are devoted to doing things that you love because they are fulfilling, so you should do with me. If you are faithfully devoted to me, you will receive that which is greater.
I long to be your first priority. Come to me with a sincere heart and I will open the windows of heaven and pour down my blessings upon you in a myriad of wonderful ways.”
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
- …for God is present in the company of the righteous. Psalms 14:5b
- Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God…1 Chronicles 22:19a
- Come near to God and he will come near to you…James 4:8a
- Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:47
- …let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
- So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today–to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul–then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied. Deuteronomy 11:13-1
(Photo credit: James McGill — unsplash)