“I know the struggles you have and I understand all of your questions. It is OK for you to come to me and to express yourself. My shoulders are broad enough to handle what ever it is you need to bring to me. I just want you to come. Release the burdens of your mind and heart to me in prayer, so that I can begin to minister to you. I want to soothe your spirit and lead you to a place of peace. What seems impossible for you is possible for me.
The blessing of peace is not something that you can manufacture for yourself any more than you can deliver yourself from the world and all of it’s woes. But I can provide it when you come to me, when you need it. Just as I have power to heal the world, I can heal you.
Healing is not just for those who are physically ill. Many times the kind of healing that is needed in your life is spiritual. It is a touch from me that renews your mind. A touch that restores your heart and allows my Spirit to work inside of you. It is a transaction that awakens your spirit and emotional senses to me. The only thing you can do to receive it, is to want it enough to ask for it, and be willing to let go of personal control so that you may receive it.
Until the condition of your heart is right, you will be influenced by the conditions of the world around you. The questions you have may remain unanswered. By surrendering to me, by acknowledging that you do not have the answers and that you need my help, answers will surely follow. Let go of your burdens, allow me to minister to you and give you the blessing of peace.”
- Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27
- “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. Deuteronomy 32:39
- The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
(photo credit: Lily — unsplash)
3 thoughts on “a Whisper…blessing of peace”
Great reminder to surrender our problems to God! Just what I needed to read this morning!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I needed it 2 days ago, I’m so thankful for the faithfulness of God.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It strikes a chord right in the heart of my soul. Thanks for this .. amen
LikeLiked by 2 people