“My eyes are ever keeping watch on the world that you live in. I am not oblivious to the evil plots in the hearts of some men. So many things are concealed, but nothing is concealed that I am not able to reveal. Do not let your heart be troubled by those things that you cannot fully comprehend, for I am the one who sees and knows all of it. It should bring you great comfort to know that despite what is going on in the world around you, I am still God. You may be still and know with confidence that this is the truth.
Do not engage in battles of will and wit. There will always be someone who thinks they are smarter than you; but, no one is my equal. You belong to me. I am your Father and you are my precious, deeply loved, child. I want you to rest in me.
I put my Spirit in you so that you would be able to receive peace even in times of testing and turmoil. Growth and maturity in faith will come as you exercise faith where there seems to be no understanding. In other words, you must choose to either trust your flesh and its feelings, or to trust your Father’s plan. I am at work in your life and what I desire to do in you is more important than whatever else you are focusing on.
If you believe that my eyes are keeping watch over the world, then your eyes should be continually upon me. For therein is your hope. It is in the stillness of your heart that the peace, which empowers endurance, will keep you steady until the time of my deliverance.”
- The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. Proverbs 15:3
- From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on the earth – he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. Psalm 33: 13-15
- Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret – it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in times of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him. Psalm 37: 39-40
(photo credit: NASA — unsplash)