“Those who put their trust in me will be blessed. I am your God, your Father, and I deliver you. I do not abandon my holy ones. Though your life in this world is but a breath, your soul and spirit will live with me forever.
The devil prowls around seeking someone to devour. He will find those whose hearts are bitter toward me – those who because of their circumstances have refused to look to me for comfort; instead, looking for a place to put their blame. My Spirit is saddened for all who reject the comfort I want to give. My heart breaks when people embrace anger and let unforgiveness control them. I feel pain when they blame me for their troubles, especially when they have no relationship with me to begin with. Without my love and forgiveness, hearts grow cold and this paves the way for the souls enemy to thrive. Yet, I continue to extend my hand of love to all.
You have experienced rejection. You know what it is like to have love given become love thrown back in your face. And while I have endured the same, I do not stop loving or trying to reach those who reject me. All things are possible for me. All things are possible for you when you embrace my spirit within you. You have the power to become bitter or better, so keep loving and trying to reach those who seem to have rejected you.
Honor me by giving thank offerings, serving others, showing compassion, and forgiving those who have hurt or disappointed you. This destroys bitterness. Be wise and avoid being judgmental, for in the same measure you judge, you will be judged. Instead be merciful, compassionate, patient and prayerful. Be an extension of my hands and feet to the world around you. This makes you better.
Live what you believe, love from the love that I have abundantly poured into your heart and give as I lead you to give. I shine the light of my love on you so that you in turn may shine my light upon others. As you are faithful, so I will be faithful to you and will bless all you do for me.”
- But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7
- You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure. Psalm 39:5
- Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
- See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. Hebrews 12:15
- Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14
- In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
(photo credit: Jonathan Pielmayer — unsplash)
One thought on “a Whisper…bitter or better”
What a beautiful truth.