(photo by Grant Ritchie – unsplash)
“Sometimes after you have prayed and as you wait for me to answer, you feel like I am being silent. This doesn’t mean that I have not heard your prayers or that I am not working in the background to answer them. Your flesh craves an immediate response especially when you feel anxious. Don’t allow your flesh to deceive you into thinking temporary silence means no answer will come. Abide confidently in me and allow me to work.
I ask you to wait upon me, to trust the provision of my Spirit. Allow me to renew your strength as you wait. Keep your focus upon Me, the One who answers, rather than on the answers you’re waiting for.
Not one prayer is forgotten by me because I am attentive to your voice when you speak. You must be willing to allow me to move according to my timeline and wait patiently, even if the timing seems inconvenient. I am never late, so by faith trust me for the answers. Persevere with me as you continue in prayer and be assured that I have heard you.”
- “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
- “I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.” Psalm 130:5
- “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and he heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1
- “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!” Isaiah 30:18
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16,17
- “Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.” Isaiah 65:24