(photo by Ngaere-Woodford-Bender – unsplash)
Come to me just as you are. There is no pretense with me. You may be sad, angry, deliriously happy or somewhere in between. You may not feel holy, spiritual, or righteous, yet I just want you to come. Expose your thoughts, unburden your soul, and share your cares with me. As you express yourself to me, I will listen. My Spirit will help you navigate your way to truth and understanding so that you will be prepared for whatever lies ahead.
Sometimes in the middle of a struggle it’s possible to come to the wrong conclusions about a situation or a person involved when your feelings and emotions come into play. Without perspective, you could end up believing things that are not true. The best way to get to the truth of the matter is with me. I can help you deal with your feelings as I guide you to truth.
Emotions and feelings are like a dark glass that may keep you from seeing clearly. Sometimes truth is hidden from you because you are not ready to receive or acknowledge it. It can be hard to face truth if you have been hurt by circumstances. It is always going to be easier to blame someone, other than yourself, for your troubles. I challenge you to examine your heart, and to put yourself into a frame of mind where you desire to see truth in everything. Then you will be able to dig deep into your soul for the understanding I long to give you.
More and more it is getting harder to know what is and isn’t true in the world you live in; to tell the difference between what is real and not real. The path to enlightenment and peace is not found by allowing yourself to live in denial. Open your heart to me so that you will receive the truth that ultimately provides freedom as you grow in your relationships, and through your circumstance.
By laying preconceived notions aside and seeking me with all of your heart, you will get to the truth of the matter. You will see clearly because your ability to be objective won’t be clouded by feelings and emotions, and I will supply the wisdom you need to navigate your way to the truth in every aspect of your life.”
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. Daniel 9:22
- The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
- For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. Galatians 5:17
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15