(photo by karsten wurth -unsplash)
“My peace is the current of my love, flowing over you, in you, and through you. It is a continuous flowing river with an endless supply of abundant grace for you to draw from. It is your daily resource, and the power of my Holy Spirit flowing through you. When you allow it to be the sustaining force of your life, it is all you need.
Your flesh may be resistant to stepping into this river. You may be afraid of the current because you don’t know where it will take you. The water may feel cold when there is confusion in your life and you’d rather stay where you think it is safe and warm.
I want you to fine tune your spirit to mine and be willing to jump in, no matter the condition of the current, knowing that I am in control and I will take care of you. If you are in the waters of my peace, if you are flowing with me, even when the current seems rough, I’ve got you. As you flow in the current of my love, you will not drown or be overcome.
Traveling with me is the way of peace. Stay in the river of my love and I will carry you through waters of discontent, frustration, loss, anger, sickness, or whatever it is, into the gentle pool of my comfort and grace where true peace for your soul is found.”
Father, yours is the peace that passes all understanding. Help me to always be willing to dive in and trust you. Since the river of your peace flows through me, I should not be overwhelmed when I am drawn into troubled waters, for they draw me into you, and you will always show me the way through. Amen
- Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. John 7:38
- The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48:18
- Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. Revelation 22:1