(photo by Ben White – unsplash)
“I wait for you, eager for your time and attention. Times of fellowship with you give me great delight. They also provide you with opportunities to learn from me, to know me better, and to hear from me the things I want to share with you.
I wait to give you my love. It not only gives peace to your soul and joy to your heart, its sustaining power keeps you moving forward in life. The greatest love you will ever know is my love.
I wait to bless you that you might also bless others. There are many two-fold purposes in my plans. One may be more obvious than another, but when you have eyes to see and ears to hear, you will see the bigger picture.
I wait for you to come humbly to me. It is through humility that I am able to reveal my plans to you. So keep your eyes fixed upon me. In faith, follow where I lead you so that you will be effective in what I call you to do. My strength is perfected in your weakness, therefore, what is not necessarily easy for you, can be accomplished through me.
I wait for you to serve. My ways are not your ways, yet my plans are fulfilled because of your willingness to serve me. I am honored when you choose the narrow way for then I can open wide the windows of heaven to pour down my blessings upon you.
I wait for you to seek me with all of your heart. True wisdom is found in me. It is found in the truth of my word. You will know me deeply as you understand my word and how it applies to your life.
I wait for you…I long for you to follow me.”
- …let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
- Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22: 37 – 39
- He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
- You my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8
- But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:14
- I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. Proverbs 4:11
- But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. Psalm 111:10