(photo by Todd Desantis – unsplash)
“The world provides you with many opportunities to be anxious, yet I tell you to be anxious for nothing, but in everything, with thanksgiving, to make your requests known to me. The key words are…be anxious for nothing…do not be anxious for the day in front of you, don’t worry about being qualified to do the work I have given you to do…do not fret about clothes, food, exercise, or anything that would divert your attention from me.
I am with you no matter what it is you are facing. When you gave your life to me, you made a commitment that you were going to live for me. I am your audience and as long as you are living your life to please me, you have nothing to fear from anyone else. I am your Father and I will take care of you. I will make a way for you when you feel like you’re traveling in a desert, and I will provide you with streams of refreshment when you are in the wastelands.
I will give you the steady calm needed to sustain you through this life. It comes from my super natural peace, a peace that passes all understanding. It is my gift to you because you follow me. I challenge you to receive the gift of my peace especially in times when you don’t feel peaceful. When your heart rushes, or if something urgent is pressing in on you causing you to feel anxious, I lay out my peace before you. It is right there, as with your next breath, but you must choose to breathe it in. There is always a moment to stop, to listen, and to receive from me what you need.
My Spirit is alive in you to provide the steady calm that keeps you from being anxious and distracted by the world around you. I provide the way of peace in every situation and desire for you to move in sync with me so you may experience the calming force of my presence with you. Trust me to take care of you today because you are mine and your life is hidden safely in me.”
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- See, I am doing a new thing! now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” Colossians 3: 1-3
2 thoughts on “a Whisper…the steady calm”
Love this one Nanc! It’s so appropriate for my life’s circumstances. There is no peace like God’s peace. No comfort like His comfort!!
LikeLiked by 2 people
It has given me such great comfort this week too as I have reflected and absorbed these words.