(photo by Yaniv Knobel – unsplash)
“Finding time to pray and be still in my presence will always be invaluable to your soul. It is in these moments when your mind is quiet that you are able to hear and receive the things that I want to share with you in our time together. Your spirit will be strengthened and I will give you peace to guide you through your day.
If you have ears to hear, you will not miss the voice of my Spirit speaking to you. As you set your mind upon my presence and release your cares and burdens to me, your heart will be filled with peace. It is in that peaceful place where you can hear me.
Make time each day to get away from the distractions of life which pull you towards other things. Time with me is time well spent and the blessings which come from it will sustain you through the tasks in front of you. Put away your anxious thoughts so we can simply enjoy the fellowship of our spirits as we connect to one another in prayer.
Let my Spirit be your strength and allow my Word to bless you. In doing so, you will find your life centered in me. I am the way, the truth, and the life for your life. There is no other place where you will find greater love than what I have to give you. There is no other place where your soul can find perfect peace.”
- But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Mark 4:9
- Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Psalm 139:23
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
One thought on “a Whisper… time well spent”
This certainly resounds with me today! The Lord (via my massage therapist) told me I carry the weight of the world (or at least my part of it) on my shoulders and they were so tight. He reminded me of His Words, “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me…for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:29-30. Thanks for your whisper of confirmation!