(photo by Cassie Boca – unsplash)
“My joy is your strength and in thankfulness as you come before me, I hear your requests and will give you my peace. Do not fear for the day ahead or be concerned with the things that you cannot control. Allow my Spirit to direct your steps and you will find yourself contented and joyful.
Your enemy, the evil enemy of your soul, will at times try to upset your peace. He will try to steal your joy because you delight in me. Remember, he has no victory over you. His end is sure and it is coming. Everything he does to try and distract you is temporary and fleeting. He only has the power that you give him, so be careful what you allow your mind to be consumed by.
You have more power because of my Spirit in you than the devil could ever use to bring you down. You have the victory of Jesus who lives in your heart. Jesus is your peace and he is your never-ending salvation. You may always rest in him and trust him to take care of you.
Trust the power of my Spirit that has been poured into you. Don’t allow the devil to make you feel insecure, defeated, or helpless. Believe that the victory is yours, and will be yours, as you face every obstacle. You are more than a conqueror. You are capable of overcoming anything.”
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7
- The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life–of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
- And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:10
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Father, I thank you for the encouragement of your whisper today. How easily my flesh forgets that your Spirit is strong in me and that you have given me more power over my enemy than he has over me. Please help me to embrace the power of Jesus who lives in my heart. He is my victory and He enables me to overcome in every situation. Amen