(photo by Donald Giannatti – unsplash)
“The dawn of each new day brings with it the hope that you will seek me and learn from me all that I desire to teach you. I am ever close to you, particularly as you pray and open your heart to hear and receive from me.
I want to be your teacher and to lead you through the lessons you need to learn so that you may grow in knowledge and in the power of my Spirit. I see into the depths of your heart and I will reveal you to yourself if you allow me to. You have been created in love to become someone truly special and unique, equipped with exactly the right gifts to fulfill the purposes for which I created you.
You are like a solid slab of unpolished marble that is going to become my masterpiece. But to make that happen, I will have to chisel away at your hard outer exterior to give you shape and definition. I will take your rough edges and make them smooth. As I chisel away at your many layers, progress will reveal its purpose and a beautiful, polished life will emerge out of that hard marble slab.
Creation is a process and we can go as fast or slow as you are willing. From the moment you accepted me, my creative process began to come alive in you. You joined this journey to find your purpose in me. It doesn’t matter how old or young you are, you are a work in progress. You will not arrive at the place where learning stops as long as you live on this earth, so stay on the path of learning, be humble, and I will keep the chisel working until my masterpiece is finished.”
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me where written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16
- “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11
- When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? Psalm 8: 3,4
- For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God…Colossians 1: 9,10