(photo by Matthew Henry – unsplash)
“I am your Father who understands your pain, your weakness, your feelings of self-doubt, and unworthiness. When I look at you, I see one I love because my son is in your heart. He is your security and he will be your confidence as you trust him and embrace the power of his redemptive love for you. He is in me and I am in Him. You are in us through the Holy Spirit who is in you. There is nothing that you cannot overcome.
The devil exploits your weakness in areas where you are vulnerable to try and make you feel small and insignificant. He is a nagging thorn always looking for ways to scratch your flesh as he endeavors to lure your focus away from me. He is the tempter, but you have been made a victor by my power which enables you resist succumbing to his crafty ways.
Every emotional wound, ugly words said by others, every irritation, whether you’ve had worry, fear, or anxiety, any of these things may be used against you. You must be on your guard and quickly able to identify these things, knowing the source of them before they attack your mind. Preparation is the key to a righteous response.
I have given you power to trample on snakes and scorpions and to be strong within yourself. You are royalty in my kingdom and you have been given authority over the enemy of your soul. He will engage you in this life, that is certain, and you will need to stand firm in the confidence and the security of your faith to put him in his place.
My child, you are so deeply loved by your Father. I have put my Spirit in you, so you will be strong, that you may know your life is precious to me. You may trust that I have equipped you to have victory every day of your life. My presence is with you always and my Spirit is the steady current of power that empowers you. Your life is safe within the boundaries of my love.”
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
- (Jesus said), “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” John 14: 20
- Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Matthew 4:1
- Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Matthew 4: 10,11
- (Jesus said), I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19
- Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11
- This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 1 John 3: 19-22
- Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6