(photo by Elke-Karin-Lugert — unsplash)
“There is no greater love than when you are willing to lay down your life for another. Jesus made a way for you to see this in action. Jesus is your example of complete trust in me, and of loving sacrifice. He took every sin from you and led you directly into my presence through the plan of forgiveness I established. He was obedient to death. His life served a greater purpose and he willingly gave it for you.
All of you must seek to live in obedient trust. You must have faith in my greater purposes and plans just as Jesus did. You must also live in love as he did. For the way of love is the way of grace, forgiveness, and blessing for all.
Trust me, be willing to walk through the unknown with me. Remember that what is unknown to you, is known to me, so you may have confidence and rest assured that I am with you always.”
- There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
- Instead, he (Jesus) gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Philippians 2: 7,8
- Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory. 1 Peter 1:21
- Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10