(photo by Jordan Opel — unsplash)
“Your life is lived mostly between the extremes of it. There will be wonderful highs and challenging lows. You will have moments of extreme joy, and some of extreme sorrow. There will be times of peace and times of anxiety. You will have great health and instances of sickness. There will be good relationships and some bad ones. Living life with balance in all kinds of circumstances is what I want for my children.
It can be especially hard not to get stuck on the extreme side of a challenge because that causes the most emotional distress. Sometimes you allow yourself to live in that place of chaos and turmoil. It happens when your flesh causes you to over rotate on your emotions, and instead of being able to find some balance, you end up stuck in the extreme negative side of it.
When you live on the wrong side, the scale will never balance and it will be hard to find understanding, joy, peace, healing, or restoration. Don’t allow your flesh to cause you to stay in a place I never intended you to be. Call out to me and seek my help to overcome your weakness, so that I may help equalize the scale and bring you back into balance.
The only way to achieve stability is by allowing me to work in your life; allowing me to change your perspective over the situation. It is not as much about the situation as it is about what I want to do in your life as a result of it. I am able to lead you to balance whether or not the situation is ever resolved to your expectations.
Though you cannot always control circumstances, you do have the power to trust me through them. By yielding to me, submitting your concerns to me, and then releasing them into my hands, you take the first step toward finding balance. I can make something good come from something difficult, and my blessing will follow your trust. Together we will journey to the place where my presence stabilizes the scale and brings balance to the extremes of your life enabling you to live in peace through it all.”
- In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Corinthians 8:2
- Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise–why destroy yourself? Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool–why die before your time? It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes. Ecclesiastes 7: 16-18
- Honest scales and balances belong to the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making. Proverbs 16:11
- Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? Isaiah 40:12
- Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10