(photo by Basil Thomas–unsplash)
“Old things are passed away, behold everything is new. This is a new year of life in your world. It is also a new year for me, as your Father, to lead you in the ways I have for you to go. I want to teach you about what it means to be present in all aspects and areas of your life.
I am your number One. You call me Father, Lord, and Savior; thus, you have given me a place of priority in your life. I am a jealous God who desires to be your first priority. So, I would ask you, at the start of this new year, to make a priority of discovering what it means to be present with me. Make time each day to experience a connection of love and spiritual intimacy between us. This will ground and empower you to move in sync with my Spirit.
When you and I are synced up, you will be able to be present in other circumstances too. You will be a light through which my love can shine into the hearts of others. You will have what you need to minister to a friend who is hurting, a colleague at work going through a tough time, or even a family member who needs a lot of grace and someone to just love them without expectation. All of these things will require you to be present, really present in your circumstances, so you can give to others what I have given to you.
When you are present, you are not thinking about yourself. You are right smack in the middle of circumstances that require your attention because I have allowed you to be there for such a time. Being present requires you to be ready for me to move over you, in you, and through you. It requires you to trust me and to extend grace to others as opportunities come.
Embrace the challenge of what it means to Be Present in this new year and I will teach you what that looks like for you as we move forward together. It may not always be easy, however, if you will accept this challenge and trust me in your journey, I will help you overcome obstacles that may try to deter you. My plans are always for your good and therein lies your hope.”
- This is what the Lord says–he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43: 16, 18-19
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5: 14-16
- For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24
- For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light…Ephesians 5:8
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. Psalms 89:15
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28