“There is a light that shines in your heart, but sometimes you snuff it out because other things in your life take precedence to me. Relationship with me is not as important as whatever is going on inside of you. Forgetting the light is choosing to walk in the dark, on your own, in spite of my presence with you.
You are confronted with many situations throughout a given day. There are choices and decisions to be made. If the light of my truth is not shining in your heart, you will find it hard to manage them.
My Spirit helps you to make the best decisions and guides you to them. It is not complicated when you allow me to be part of your daily life because I see the bigger picture. I see the road ahead for you. I know what the choices look like when you walk with me and when you don’t.
The way of truth is found in the light, the light of my Spirit shining in your heart and by your desire to receive it each day. The choice is yours, but the consequences are wrapped up in your choice. What will you choose today, to go your own way, or to walk through it with me?”
- Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. John 12:35
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5
- “There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths. Job 24:13
- Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isaiah 2:5
- …for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth…Ephesians 5:9
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
(photo credit: Sharon McCutcheon–unsplash)