“Prayer is the language you use to communicate with me. The heavenly host are angels who execute my will as they serve in response to the prayers that you have raised. Prayer is ministry. It has immense unseen value in a moment, but carries with it eternal consequences for those you pray for. Because I care about what concerns you, I will act and move on your behalf and on behalf of those whose needs have touched your heart and moved you to pray.
Prayer will not necessarily provide instant gratification. I am not a a genie in a bottle and instant answers are not always what is needed for the prayers you pray. I see the end from the beginning and I know what is best for each individual heart. When answers are needed in a moment, I will provide them, when they are not, you must exercise faith and trust me. I am God, Creator of the universe, you are not. My ways are higher than yours and my plans are perfect and timely.
Prayer can change the hearts of men and it can change the world in which you live. It is an important part of ministry and you should not dismiss its power even when results are intangible. I will carefully respond to prayers that are birthed of genuine concern and need, prayers that are motivated by sincere and sensitive hearts.”
- pray continually…1 Thessalonians 5:17
- And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55: 8, 9
(photo credit: Ben White — unsplash)