“Disappointment comes sometimes when things don’t go the way you want them to. It’s a part of life everyone deals with. But it’s not so much about the disappointments as it is about what you choose to do with them.
The first thing you can do is choose to rest in me and trust that I always have your back. I know what is best for you. Even when something doesn’t work out as you hoped, you may be assured that it is for the best. Trust paves the way to believe with confidence that I will allow the right things to happen in your life.
Faith is about trust and I want you to trust me in everything – both the big and small details of each day. I will continually bless your trust, even though you may not fully understand why things happen as they do. With me, there is always more to the story; a greater purpose and plan for your life. By choosing trust, you choose the way of peace. The blessing of peace is worth the decision to trust me. I promise you that.
Try not to allow your human nature to make you bitter in the process. Allow it to make you better, so you will grow even stronger as your faith deepens. I do not abandon or forsake my children and I will not do that to you.
Take the leap of trust. In doing so, the disappointments of your life will lead you to ultimate victories and greater discoveries than you can imagine. I am faithful and I will do it.”
- They are distressed, because they had been confident; they arrive there, only to be disappointed. Job 6:20
- The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28
- Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed. Isaiah 49:23
- I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalms 91:2
- Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9
(photo credit: Kristopher Roller — unsplash)