“It is in quiet moments of reflection that I am able to speak to your heart and mind. As you pray with thanksgiving, you honor me. Words of sincerity and praise welcome my presence.
Thankfulness is the precursor to experiencing peace like a mighty river flowing through you. It prepares the deep waters of your heart for true fellowship to course between us. Praise flows from your mouth as you lift acknowledgments of truth in prayer.
In your toughest times, thankfulness is the bed you should rest upon. With the awakening of prayer, you will see more clearly and the blessing of peace will have arrived. You will know without a doubt that I am God, I am always good, and I am good to you.”
- My words come from an upright heart; my lips sincerely speak what I know. Job 33:3
- Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart; Psalms 15: 1, 2
- …let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
- …give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
- Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalms 34: 8
(photo credit: Ben Karpinski — unsplash)