“Each day, you should prioritize some time to be present with me by reading my Word, through mediation, and in prayer. Lay aside the cares of life, the pull of technology, and any other thing that would draw you away from spending a few moments of quality time with me.
To receive what is greater, you must give up what is less. To know me you must meet with me so we can fellowship and commune together. To hear from me, read my Word and allow your spirit to absorb it as you quietly listen for my voice speaking to your heart.
You matter to me. I want to matter to you. Just as you are devoted to doing things that you love because they are fulfilling, so you should do with me. If you are faithfully devoted to me, you will receive that which is greater.
I long to be your first priority. Come to me with a sincere heart and I will open the windows of heaven and pour down my blessings upon you in a myriad of wonderful ways.”
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
- …for God is present in the company of the righteous. Psalms 14:5b
- Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God…1 Chronicles 22:19a
- Come near to God and he will come near to you…James 4:8a
- Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:47
- …let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
- So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today–to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul–then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied. Deuteronomy 11:13-1
(Photo credit: James McGill — unsplash)
“Disappointment comes sometimes when things don’t go the way you want them to. It’s a part of life everyone deals with. But it’s not so much about the disappointments as it is about what you choose to do with them.
The first thing you can do is choose to rest in me and trust that I always have your back. I know what is best for you. Even when something doesn’t work out as you hoped, you may be assured that it is for the best. Trust paves the way to believe with confidence that I will allow the right things to happen in your life.
Faith is about trust and I want you to trust me in everything – both the big and small details of each day. I will continually bless your trust, even though you may not fully understand why things happen as they do. With me, there is always more to the story; a greater purpose and plan for your life. By choosing trust, you choose the way of peace. The blessing of peace is worth the decision to trust me. I promise you that.
Try not to allow your human nature to make you bitter in the process. Allow it to make you better, so you will grow even stronger as your faith deepens. I do not abandon or forsake my children and I will not do that to you.
Take the leap of trust. In doing so, the disappointments of your life will lead you to ultimate victories and greater discoveries than you can imagine. I am faithful and I will do it.”
- They are distressed, because they had been confident; they arrive there, only to be disappointed. Job 6:20
- The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28
- Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed. Isaiah 49:23
- I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalms 91:2
- Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9
(photo credit: Kristopher Roller — unsplash)
“Prayer is the language you use to communicate with me. The heavenly host are angels who execute my will as they serve in response to the prayers that you have raised. Prayer is ministry. It has immense unseen value in a moment, but carries with it eternal consequences for those you pray for. Because I care about what concerns you, I will act and move on your behalf and on behalf of those whose needs have touched your heart and moved you to pray.
Prayer will not necessarily provide instant gratification. I am not a a genie in a bottle and instant answers are not always what is needed for the prayers you pray. I see the end from the beginning and I know what is best for each individual heart. When answers are needed in a moment, I will provide them, when they are not, you must exercise faith and trust me. I am God, Creator of the universe, you are not. My ways are higher than yours and my plans are perfect and timely.
Prayer can change the hearts of men and it can change the world in which you live. It is an important part of ministry and you should not dismiss its power even when results are intangible. I will carefully respond to prayers that are birthed of genuine concern and need, prayers that are motivated by sincere and sensitive hearts.”
- pray continually…1 Thessalonians 5:17
- And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55: 8, 9
(photo credit: Ben White — unsplash)
“In this moment, allow my peace to wash over you like a gentle rain. Be comforted by the warmth of my love, and know that my presence is with you right now.
You are precious to me and I know the things that are weighing heavy on your mind. You may be confident that I hear your prayers and my answers will come in due time. You may trust me for each need and concern.
I am gentle with you and the things that you suffer are not meant to bring you harm. They are meant to push you toward me so that you may receive from me in your time of need.
Draw upon the power of my Spirit and you will receive encouragement and strength to face what you must throughout your day. Because I am with you, you never walk alone.”
- Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provided you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy. Acts 14:17
- Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29
- For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
(photo credit: Nick Scheerbart–unsplash)
“There is a light that shines in your heart, but sometimes you snuff it out because other things in your life take precedence to me. Relationship with me is not as important as whatever is going on inside of you. Forgetting the light is choosing to walk in the dark, on your own, in spite of my presence with you.
You are confronted with many situations throughout a given day. There are choices and decisions to be made. If the light of my truth is not shining in your heart, you will find it hard to manage them.
My Spirit helps you to make the best decisions and guides you to them. It is not complicated when you allow me to be part of your daily life because I see the bigger picture. I see the road ahead for you. I know what the choices look like when you walk with me and when you don’t.
The way of truth is found in the light, the light of my Spirit shining in your heart and by your desire to receive it each day. The choice is yours, but the consequences are wrapped up in your choice. What will you choose today, to go your own way, or to walk through it with me?”
- Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. John 12:35
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5
- “There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths. Job 24:13
- Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isaiah 2:5
- …for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth…Ephesians 5:9
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
(photo credit: Sharon McCutcheon–unsplash)
“Sometimes the word obedience causes you to bristle. It may remind you of times when you were young and your parents told you what to do and expected you to do it without question. It felt like you were having to give up your will and what you wanted for what they wanted. Oh, the curse of being a child who has to deal with the requirements of their parents!
Obedience to me and to my purposes for your life is something you choose to do, rather than a requirement. It doesn’t mean that you don’t ever get to enjoy doing things you want to do, or having some of the pleasures that this life provides. However, it does mean that you are willing to submit to my plans and purposes for your life. You make the choice to obey because you believe and trust that I know what’s best for you. Obedience is birthed by your faith in me. It should be seen as the path to ultimate blessing, rather than a curse of relationship.
When you received me, you became a follower, a believer who accepted a new life through Christ, my Son. By living a life of sacrifice for me and for my glory as He did, the blessings of obedience become yours. Jesus was obedient unto death and now He has received the blessing of eternity, the same blessing that is being held for you.”
- Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. Psalms 128:1
- During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered. Hebrews 5: 7,8
- And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life. 1 Kings 3:14
- And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 1:6
- Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey–whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6:16
- …but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith— Romans 16:26
- And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death–even death on a cross! Philippians 2:8
(photo by John Towner — unsplash)
“I laid the foundations of the earth from the beginning and the heavens are the work of my hands. If I can keep the shining stars from falling from the sky, I can keep your life in tact. As I hold your world in orbit, I will also hold your life and save it for eternity. You have been given the privilege of knowing me. I have become your Father because you have embraced my love, the love of my Son, your Savior. As I watch over the flowers in a field and the birds that fall from a tree, so I watch over you.
Your life has never been hidden from me. I love you and continuously pursue relationship with you. My angels watch over you, guarding your steps on every path. Though you can’t see them, they are there. They have been sent because of my great love and care for you. You do not have to fear anything. You only need to believe and trust that out of my great love, I will take care of you.
You have heard it said that good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people. But I want to remind you of my Word in Romans 8:28, “All things happen for good to those who love me and who have been called according to my purposes.” Thus, as my child, there is nothing that can happen to you that will not ultimately be used for good in your life.
You possess the key to the Kingdom of heaven because that key is the Holy Spirit of Jesus who lives in your heart. He has set you free from sin, released you from an eternity apart from me, and given you entrance into my Kingdom, which belongs to all who have come to me through Him. You have been given a hope in the core of your spirit that will never disappoint; a hope that you may trust and hold to all of your days. In this life, you will have troubles, but you may take heart because Jesus overcame the world and so will you.
Your world is in my hands. I know the state of it. I see the folly of the enemy who is trying to take as many with him into the fires of hell as he can. You, however, belong to me. Therefore, you must not be overly concerned about what is going on around you. You are safe within the boundaries of my love and I am with you always. Bring as many into the light of my love as you can so they will not be captured by the darkness. All who choose me will be shining stars, held safely in the universe of my love.”
- In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. Psalms 102:25
- It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. Isaiah 45:12
- Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. Daniel 12:3
- We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19
- I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” Revelation 22:16
- For it is written: “He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” Luke 4:10, 11