“Change is not alway easy. Yet, change will be a significant part of your life and you need to learn how to manage it. Unexpected change can be shocking and difficult to handle. How you choose to respond to change when it comes – however it comes, will determine how successfully you navigate it.
The sting of another person’s angry words or the powerful pain of rejection are things that generally lead to occurances of change. In these situations, it is human to think that it’s someone else who needs to change, not you. Though that may be partially true, I will always have something to teach you and you need to realize that when I go to work, I am going to work on you. The other person is mine to deal with, but you are responsible for you and I desire that you be willing accept the things that I want to change in you.
You can count on the fact that if you are in a struggle of any kind, I am looking to do a work of change in you. Transformation is my business. I sent my son into your world to change hearts and open minds to my forgiveness, love, and salvation. Transformation occurs as you give something up to gain something better. For those of you who have embraced my Son, as your Savior, you have the power within you, by the Holy Spirit, to change and become all you are meant to be.
Only when you recognize how much you need to change, will you have the desire to actually do something about it. Personal change requires the greatest amount of of your time and attention. It requires humility, a willingness to let go of your pride and to look at yourself in an honest way. Though you may feel like it would be much easier to quit than to work through the process, remember that you have Christ in you, the Hope of Glory, and all things are possible with Him.
Utilize every resource you have been given. Use prayer and Scripture to guide you to wisdom and knowledge, and tap into the wisdom of those you trust. Discipline your thoughts and focus on all the benefits of the change you need to make. Exercise self control, so that you will be able to hear and follow through with the actions that lead to personal transformation. You don’t walk alone, even when it feels that way. We are with you, I your Father, Jesus your Savior, and the Holy Spirit, and We give you success when you don’t give up.
With determination to do the necessary work, you will not be defeated by the process of growth. Don’t give up on yourself, because I will not give up on you. You will be led to springs of renewal and waters of refreshment. You will grow in character and grace, and be led to greater understanding of the Love that has called you, and the incredible life I have for you on the other side of change.”
- Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and season; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. Daniel 2 20-22
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2
- And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
- For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 4: 7, 8
- Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5: 3-5
(photo credit: Tyler Lastovich — unsplash)