(photo by Lobo Studio Hamburg — unsplash)
“I am your friend, one who is close to you, even closer than a brother; the one who will not disappoint you. Sometimes human nature causes you to place expectations on other’s that they won’t be able to meet. Their nature is as human as yours. So, rather than place expectations on them, put your hope in me.
This is a hard thing for you to learn. Your human imperfections will occasionally get in the way of your relationships, particularly with those who are most important to you. You will not always receive love the way you give it. You will not always be forgiven, the way you forgive. And, others will not always understand things the same way you do.
You are a work in progress. You are on your own personal journey of growth with me, just as those of your friends and family who love me are. Differences will pop up from time to time because of your expectations and desires. When this happens, move your eyes and expectations from the other person to me, so that you can avoid going down a path that leads to broken relationships, frustration, or hurt. Let me be your friend and I will lead you to truth and show you what to do.
Your first relationship should be with me. I am not human, but because I am your heavenly Father, because I am Jesus and I came into your world as a human, I understand your humanity and am fully able to minister to your needs. Avoid burdening others with things they are not equipped to handle. Let me handle them.
Though I am not physically present, I am in you by the power of my Holy Spirit. You can yield to me and I will be there to help you. You can expect from me and I will deliver upon my promises to you.
I am your friend and your Father. All that you will ever need is found by having an active relationship with me. Lean on me and you will receive truth, blessing, and knowledge for the life I’ve given to you.
- One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
- For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever. Hebrews 7:28
- Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God. Job 16: 19, 20
- Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalms 25:5
- Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. Isaiah 55:3
(…a look back)
(photo by Lukas Budimaier – unsplash)
“The Word, my Word was made flesh in Jesus, my Son. He is your Savior, He is your Lord. He is the payment for all your sins, past, present, and future. Cling to Jesus for he is your deliverer. He has tied you to me by his life and death upon the cross and brought restoration to us. He was in me and I in him when he walked in the flesh; and now through his death and resurrection, his spirit fills you and I receive you as I received him. We are all interconnected and when I look at your heart, I see Jesus.
Jesus has equipped you for my Kingdom. His power resides in you to be light and truth to all those he brings across your path; to those who have yet to receive him. I encourage you to live as he lived, love as he loved, forgive as he forgave, and serve as he served so that you too will show people the way to me and to eternal life.
Some of you will be empowered to do this in a very bold way. Others of you will reflect my love by the way you live your life in quiet confidence and trust. Jesus was always sensitive to my Spirit in the careful ways he spoke. Through love and patience, he accepted others as valuable to my Kingdom. He led with his heart, so I call you to lead with yours. Since you have received the great gift of my love, serve me as he did with a sensitive and faithful heart as you share my love with others.
Jesus is the way to me, my purposes for each of you are fulfilled through him. He is the Word of my Spirit and the work of my heart for all of you. Embrace him, hold tightly to the truth and you will successfully minister to others the love they so desperately need.”
- “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
- “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As the Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him (Jesus) will never be put to shame.” Romans 10: 10,11
- “But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.” Hebrews 3:6
(photo by specphotops — unsplash)
“The truth is always in you because you are my child and my Spirit resides in you. However, truth can be lost or buried underneath layers of your life’s experiences and old ways of handling things. Knowledge you have gained may have a hard time coming to the surface when new challenges come along.
Old ways of thinking, can trip you up in the present. They keep you moving along the primitive road of days gone by, stalling progress, even though I am trying to help you move forward. If you are trying to work your way through an issue and nothing is going the way you want it to, take a brief look back. Examine your heart to determine if old patterns might be the reason you are not making progress.
Your life is before me everyday. I see you. I see who you are and who you are supposed to become. If you want to live blessed in everything, no matter how difficult or challenging, you must learn to live your life to please me. I am your Father. I am the One who loves you most. I am the One who will not fail you.
Allow me to reveal truth to you about you. Allow me to teach you how to overcome old ways of behavior, so that you can be set free from the past and move forward with me in the present.”
- But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13
- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:17
- But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. Romans 7:6
- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4: 22-24
- But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. Romans 6:22
(photo by Basil Thomas–unsplash)
“Old things are passed away, behold everything is new. This is a new year of life in your world. It is also a new year for me, as your Father, to lead you in the ways I have for you to go. I want to teach you about what it means to be present in all aspects and areas of your life.
I am your number One. You call me Father, Lord, and Savior; thus, you have given me a place of priority in your life. I am a jealous God who desires to be your first priority. So, I would ask you, at the start of this new year, to make a priority of discovering what it means to be present with me. Make time each day to experience a connection of love and spiritual intimacy between us. This will ground and empower you to move in sync with my Spirit.
When you and I are synced up, you will be able to be present in other circumstances too. You will be a light through which my love can shine into the hearts of others. You will have what you need to minister to a friend who is hurting, a colleague at work going through a tough time, or even a family member who needs a lot of grace and someone to just love them without expectation. All of these things will require you to be present, really present in your circumstances, so you can give to others what I have given to you.
When you are present, you are not thinking about yourself. You are right smack in the middle of circumstances that require your attention because I have allowed you to be there for such a time. Being present requires you to be ready for me to move over you, in you, and through you. It requires you to trust me and to extend grace to others as opportunities come.
Embrace the challenge of what it means to Be Present in this new year and I will teach you what that looks like for you as we move forward together. It may not always be easy, however, if you will accept this challenge and trust me in your journey, I will help you overcome obstacles that may try to deter you. My plans are always for your good and therein lies your hope.”
- This is what the Lord says–he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43: 16, 18-19
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5: 14-16
- For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24
- For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light…Ephesians 5:8
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. Psalms 89:15
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
(photo by Jim Beaudoin — unsplash)
“When you navigate deep waters of relational challenge, I will be your anchor of strength. I will be the One tethering you to truth, wisdom, and the right course of action as you bring your concerns to me. You will travel the waters of righteousness and deep waters will not overtake you. I will provide light that gives insight as you seek me with a true desire to address issues, while laying your personal pride aside.
These matters are rarely solved in moments. Most often, resolution is realized through experiences over days, months, and sometimes years. You will learn patience as you stay the course, but you will also see and experience my loving grace upon your life. I will guide you in the right direction as you go about change.
Going about change means accepting what I want to do in your life. Therefore, you must understand that when I am dealing with you, it is not about the other person. As you call upon me for the help you need, let them go, and trust me to take care of them.
I ask you to humbly submit to me and allow me to be at the helm of your life. Let my Holystone, my Word, be the sandstone that scrubs the decks of your life, smoothing over the rough places so that your inward parts will experience renewal and growth.
You may trust that all the answers you are looking for, the deepest things that you seek with your heart, will be revealed through the course that I have charted for you. My loving care, patience, and blessings accompany you to every port of truth. Stay near to me and I will lead you through the deep, sometimes dark, waters of relational challenges into safe harbors of peace and fulfillment.”
- The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out. Proverbs 20:5
- When a gentle south wind began to blow, they saw their opportunity; so they weighed anchor and sailed along the shore of Crete. Before very long, a wind of hurricane force, called the Northeaster, swept down from the island. The ship was caught by the storm and could not head into the wind; so we gave way to it and were driven along. Acts 27: 13-15
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:27
- Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Job 22:21
- You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:36
- You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence. Acts 2:28
- He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. Psalms 18:16
- The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Ecclesiastes 7:8
(photo by Pascal Debrunner — unsplash)
“Opportunities to see me, to see my hand at work, are all around you. Because you are my child, you get to tap into the blessings of my Spirit. These blessings aren’t always obvious, sometimes they come disguised. But, when your spirit is finely tuned to mine, I will show them to you.
Blessings are found in things that give you joy, but they can also be found in the things that bring you pain, trouble, or anxiety. If you are only seeing with the eyes of your flesh, you will not necessarily find them. They are harder to discover, however, I provide them so that you may experience peace as you walk through the difficult things of life.
There will always be blessings that give you joy and gratify your flesh. But, the blessings that come to gratify your spirit are the ones that carry with them the most significance. They help develop roots that grow deep into the heart and soul of you. They bring you into the kingdom of knowledge and truth where my peace flows as a constant, nourishing stream through the core of your life.
Everything happens for a reason, even though it may not be fully understood in a moment. You must always be looking for the truth because that is where the blessing lies. There is much that I want to show you and give you, but I don’t give as the world gives. You must have the desire to go deeper with me to find those things for yourself.
Open your heart to accept me the way that I come to you, so that you will receive the blessings of my Spirit. In doing so, many opportunities to grow in faith and to see my hand at work in your life will become the richest experiences of your journey. I came that you might have life and that you would have it to the full.”
- The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:14
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
- The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him–the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord–and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. Isaiah 11:2,3
- The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you–they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:63
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
(a look back…)
(photo by Omer Salom – unsplash)
“When your heart is troubled, come to me and I will be your help. My Spirit provides you with comfort, peace, and truth. Allow me to fill the reservoir of your heart with more grace so you will be empowered to respond appropriately in every situation.
You are experienced at rationalizing your actions and the actions of others, but that does not mean you always come to the right conclusions. The truth you need is only found in me, so come to me and bring your concerns with you. Be willing to turn them over to me. Truly, I am the only one able to show you the way, reveal truth, and see you through.
Though you desire my help, and you intentionally give your concerns to me, it may still be hard for you to know what to do. In these times, simply be still and know that I am God. Time is the key ingredient to receiving your answers and you must be patient in the process. However, when you have truly given these things to me, you should find that your concerns are replaced by my peace. It will be well with your soul until the answers come.”
- “Be still and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalms 46:10
- “You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior.” Psalms 65:5
- “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.” John 14:1
- “Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
- “Unfailing love and truth have met together. Righteousness and peace have kissed!” Psalms 85:10